Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 05:21 PM

Default TPGK vs a TAG

Villain here is a 2+2'er, but I don't see him post much in the strategy forums. This is a somewhat similar hand to PokerBob's "how much action to give" but here we have the added benefit of being able to narrow down the hand range much more.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>
Old 12-11-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: TPGK vs a TAG

We can narrow him down some, but being in the blinds this could be tougher. Have you tangled before with him in this position? I cap the flop. If he donks the turn, I go into calldown mode. If he checks, I bet/fold UI.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:32 PM

I think you should call down from here. Let him bluff away if that is what he is doing. He could have an agressively played underpair, in which case capping it will just make him fold. You are still ahead of a possible AT or AJ, but are behind AK, AA, 88 which I think are more likely.

If he checks any street, bet it.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:46 PM

the way OP is worded i'm guessing initials = R.M., could be way off. man that guy plays all the time.

I like how it has been played thus far and I would call down from here, bet if checked to,

oh and DO NOT FOLD
Old 12-11-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the way OP is worded i'm guessing initials = R.M., could be way off. man that guy plays all the time.

I like how it has been played thus far and I would call down from here, bet if checked to,

oh and DO NOT FOLD

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not who it is. I have tangled with him a ton lately too, and he is always at my tables [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I think this guy is mainly an OOT poster, but really hasn't been around much at all lately. First time I've seen him in the 5/10 game. It probably isn't a big deal to post his SN, as it is the same as his 2p2 name, but I figured I better not just in case.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:00 PM

If you cap, AK will bet the turn and so will AA/88.

If you call, TT-KK will keep betting... But prob check call the river or value bet it....

So if we dont cap, We must go to showdown. and if we do cap and he bets turn... We need to improve and have outs too.

Now you given us no PT stats, so if hes 21/11 or 21/18... Is unknown.

I think i call and call down, If i improve ill throw in a raise/Call.

If he check at anypoint ill call.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:05 PM

"If he check at anypoint ill call. "

eh?

also, a 2+2 poster is almost never 21/11 in a short game, and PT stats become really crooked when it comes down to a 2+2 vs 2+2 blind battle

OP - i don't think I would post a s/n, not sure on exact etiquette but unless he (famously) plays weirdly usually there is not really a point.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:06 PM

As I said, it was the first time I've seen him in the 5/10 game - I just recognized his 2p2 SN. FWIW, he is 19/19 over 35 hands.