Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 03:10 PM

Default reviewing hands..

As part of my Sunday review (this is a new thing I do every week, I go thru on PT and review hands of some tourneys on Sundays. I really don't play much). Anway, here's a hand I think I blew. We're down to 3 tables I think here. I ended up 14th, barely in the money.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (8 handed) converter

Hero (t12516)
UTG (t9245)
UTG+1 (t6646)
MP1 (t32196)
MP2 (t8740)
CO (t5221)
Button (t12444)
SB (t3094)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1250</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t1600

Reads: this guys fairly tight, which is why the min-raise from UTG kinda scared me at the time, but I wondered If I should have just pushed here. I generally hate pushing with a tiny ace because it's too easily dominated, but what struck me looking back at this HH was I seldom fold my BB to a min-raise. Whatcha think?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: reviewing hands..

woah. just fold it. unless you havea specific read that he minraises crap hands or something. I just don't see a reason to do anything other than fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:07 PM

thanks exit. Always value your input. That was my read initially, and I didn't even really think much. Looking back at the tourney, I ended up basically getting blinded away without many steal chances, so I was working my way back looking for places I could have been more aggro and missed.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. You just assume you're gonna get a better spot that that.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:08 PM

There are much better times to 'be aggro' then vs a UTG pf raiser.