Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-10-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Anxious about finals? Here\'s a good laugh...(long)

I had a sociology exam on Wednesday, and usually a couple of days after exams we can view our scores on our school's internet system, called Easy. I feel like such a moran and felt it'd only be right to share this brief sequence of emails between my professor and myself when I tried to view my exam score...

1st email (me):
Professor P,
This is Jason D. from your SOC 101 class. I just went on Easy to view my third exam score, and I manually entered the link for it as it was not available on the Exam Scores page (something I did to view my grade for the second exam when it wasn't viewable on the Exam Scores page until about a week after the exam). It says I got a 35% on the exam, and I don't see how in the world this is possible at all.

I studied for this exam just how I did on the other two I got a B on, and I happened to have thought this was the easiest of the three, feeling confident I got at least a B. I've been to almost all of your classes, taken extensive notes, and read the book thoroughly. If this in fact is my score, I believe I'll have a D+ or C- for the entire class, and I don't feel like that would reflect my true understanding of everything you taught this semester (a class I thoroughly enjoyed as well, learning very important and useful material). I'm praying that there is some sort of error in the system and that this is not my true grade, but I'd rather ask you now just to make sure if in fact this is the case or not.

If this is my grade, I don't expect you to make any exceptions, but the only thing I can think of is maybe I skipped a question on the scantron throwing all the answers off even though I'm pretty sure I double checked it like I usually do. Please advise and if there is any way I can retake the test if this was in fact my grade please let me know because this would be absolutely devastating to me. I'm truly perplexed at this moment and hoping I'm just overreacting, but I worked extremely hard this semester and right now I feel like I got robbed at gunpoint. Sorry to have to email you like this, but I feel like I must get clarification on this issue ASAP.

Sincerely,
-Jason D.

P.S. I attached a saved version of the grade link to this email. I don't know if will be viewable or not however.

2nd email (professor):
Jason,

I dont know how you managed to see your score as I have not entered the third exam points and released it on easy. The score you saw (35) is in fact on 40, and I havent converted it into percentages. Since I havent done that, the grade shown is F. In any case that doesnt matter as long as I havent released it to easy. Dont worry about the whole thing and invite an unnecessary panic attack. Understand that there is still a lot of time left for the grades to be released on easy.

Enjoy your holidays!

Professor P

3rd email (me):
::huge sigh of relief::

I appreciate your response emmensely, I can goto sleep finally! I was able to view my grade on the 2nd test before the link appeared on the exam score page, maybe a week before. All you have to do is copy the link to the first score, change the date in the link to the date of the new test, and change the sequence number from 01 to 02 or 03 depending on the test number (I'm a big computer nerd if you couldn't tell already). I'm not sure why Easy doesn't just post the link once the score is registered, but anyway, sorry for the confusion, and I'm very happy with my grade.

Enjoy your holidays as well, and hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to be in one of your classes again (I'm taking SOC103 next semester).

Thanks again,
-Jason D.

:Edited for your reading pleasure:
Old 12-10-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Anxious about finals? Here\'s a good laugh...

tl;dr
Old 12-10-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Anxious about finals? Here\'s a good laugh...(long)

So I guess the professor means it was 35 out of 40 (not 35 on 40). You need to learn how to use paragraphs, and your professor needs to learn how to use punctuation.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:32 AM

University of Miami, we don't pay attention to that kinda stuff. This wasn't an English class, and I was having a "panic attack" while writing the email so why would I bother to indent or use paragraphs?
Old 12-10-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-10-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too long;dense read? Guess I'm too high;less weed
Old 12-10-2005, 03:41 AM

tb;wihr
Old 12-10-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tb;wihr

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tb;wihr

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you've all graduated college cuz I'm completely lost now. You should have to take an exam before you post here cuz I obviously don't know what I'm doing.

Eager to learn,
th;nk
Old 12-10-2005, 04:01 AM

I had a 100% in this joke of a gen-ed once, totally raped the final, then saw my final grade in the class was a 75%. I was totally perplexed, and when the prof finally got back from his vacation like 3 months later he informed me that I never turned in the term paper. I guess I missed the day that it was announced, and so did both friends I have in that class. Moral of the story: read the syllabus!!

Just thought I'd share that.