Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Havent posted one of these in a while (a-high screwplay)

[ QUOTE ]

i like doing screw plays on boards where the opponent pretty much has to have a pair by calling a flop bet or i know hell bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

so do i...if i have better than a pair...

[ QUOTE ]
on this ragged flop hes peeling with any overcards

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[ QUOTE ]
alot of players are going to check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree. if you had something like QJ here wouldnt you feel like they ALWAYS bet when you check? I know i do. so i try to counter it by somtimes screwplaying with ace high because i dont think he has a pair either.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:29 PM

NL,

I used to do this now I always just bet the turn on this board because I'm also betting Q-high, I'm also betting TP, I'm also betting overpairs and I'm also betting sets. On this board, I think it sucks. Much like QR which I just tried out now since I clicked post and it said "this form is no longer valid."
Old 12-01-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL,

I used to do this now I always just bet the turn on this board because I'm also betting Q-high, I'm also betting TP, I'm also betting overpairs and I'm also betting sets. On this board, I think it sucks. Much like QR which I just tried out now since I clicked post and it said "this form is no longer valid."

[/ QUOTE ]

why does it suck on this board? i think this board is about as good as you can ask for as far as an ace high screwplay goes.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL,

[/ QUOTE ]

in a crazy turn in events, i agree w/ mikey_ _ _

further, LEARN HOW TO CLICK NLSOILER!!

Barron
Old 12-01-2005, 10:33 PM

because why would you check if you had K high or Q high. Theres a pretty good chance he was peeling one and will fold to the turn bet, so a turn follow through should be the standard here pretty much every time you dont have a hand.
I think he will take the free card way too much, as the check seems supsicious.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL,

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't decide how much it matters that the screw-play deviates from one's normal routine. How often does anyone actually resort to a screw play? More than once a session?

I still don't like it here, though I haven't quite figured out the best reason for my position yet.

And what is up with that silly QR function working only as often as my pocket Kings holding up?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NL,

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how the fact that you bet your good hands is justification for betting A high and Q high etc. your opponent, at any limit really, knows it's more likely you hold overcards in this spot than top pair, a set, or an overpair. so, it seems like they win and you lose if they call you down everytime here with any pair. that's why i thinking mixing it up (i.e. using all 4 options regularly) like NLsoldier does is important.