Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 02:47 AM

Default a donkey\'s take on pot odds

This afternoon in a Pokerroom 5+.50, down to two tables. 1000-2000 blinds, no raise pre-flop. I'm in the BB (not that it matters to the tale at hand).

Four out of seven see the flop, so the pot is 8000. Flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG bets 5000, CO calls, blinds fold. Pot 18000. Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG bets 15000, CO calls. Pot 48000 River 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG checks, CO bets 10000, UTG calls.

UTG's flopped set of 7s loses to CO's J-high flush.

UTG can't resist telling CO what a moron he is, and as things proceed, CO comes out with this gem:

"You think just because you take away my pot odds I'm not going to call you?"

(OK, it seems a little less astoundingly amusing here in the cold light of 2+2, but I'm sharing anyway.)
Old 11-20-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: a donkey\'s take on pot odds

This happens all the time at micro limits, I have had people rhyme off top 10 stacks in tournaments to me ITM with non-nut flush draws and gut shots, i seen a guy a week ago call his entire stack off in a 5$ at absolute board with A-K-3, he had 3-9 and called my all in push which i promptly turned over AK and the rest of the table just laughed.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: a donkey\'s take on pot odds

Oh, I know folks are madly in love with the flush draw. It was the comment afterward. He knows pot odds exist, but clearly doesn't know much more.