Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: ya or nay on the river

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute 2/4 6max 25/17 opens UTG, 1 CC, 1 3bet TT on the button and the SB comes along. So 4 to the flop. Comes Q45 checked to me, I bet and all call. Turn is a 9, checked to me and I bet and only the PFR calls. River is a 6 and I check behind. Weak? Do I need to bet this? How often do I see JJ/KQ/AQ vs AK (calling river bet) and lower PP that didn't hit the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads are better than stats.

Generically, I like betting the turn and I like checking behind on the river.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: ya or nay on the river

[ QUOTE ]
how are you giving this guy A9/AT/AJ/KJ? base the range on preflop and flop action. should we assume this guy is bad enough to check call an A-high hand that isn't AK (and he didn't cap preflop, so AK is unlikely to begin with)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked for a range, I gave a range. I have seen more than a few ok pf guy checks and call with ace high here because the pot is big and they like the two pretty faces. Maybe he has a backdoor flush draw. He certainly doesn't have the queen or he would have checkraised the flop or just led out. What range do you have him on?

[ QUOTE ]
not to mention there's a guy who coldcalled preflop and another one who called 2.5 bets out of the small blind, and they ALL called your flop bet on a Q45 rainbow board

[/ QUOTE ] any lower pair, A4s, A5s, K4s, K5s, backdoor flush draws, and even some backdoor straight draws are calling for one bet in a large pot. EP coldcallers are weak postflop when they miss. I'd not be surprised to see a very wide range of hands here.

Big pot. Ace high. Must call. glub glub.

I mean think about it. What hands would you coldcall with, check call this flop, and then check fold the turn? what range is that? It's fish range!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]