Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 05:19 AM

Default 2/4 Rivered Nut flush... 4bet?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

MP2 is 37.9/3.4/1.2

Can I ever not raise/cap this river?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Rivered Nut flush... 4bet?

Yeah, you can. After the strange flop play, I smell pocket jacks. I just call that river, unless I have some read that would tell me otherwise.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:38 AM

Just call the 3-bet.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:52 AM

is anybody taking the free turn card against two pre-flop raisers?

It's doubtful you're taking down this pot UI, and the only card we're afraid of is a king, with a lot of possible cards we'd like to see.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:15 AM

I'd 3 bet the flop.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you can. After the strange flop play, I smell pocket jacks. I just call that river, unless I have some read that would tell me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I don't really think a check raise on the flop is that weird. AA-QQ, AJs definately might be check-raising this flop. Often JJ will wait for the turn. Looks like this guy didn't. Personally I think you should be raising this flop for equity. If the other guy folds, at least you are buying outs. I would raise the river, and call a 3 bet. I'm capping against some LAGS. I'm sorry you lost this one dude, but it looks pretty standard to me. You need a crazy good read over hundreds of hands on this guy to make it not worth 3-betting IMO.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:38 AM

I cap this [censored] everytime. Given the odd line taken by MP2 preflop and on the flop AA/KK looks so much more likely than a set and so I feel really good about putting in 4-bets on the river. The times this guy has full house you just tip your cap and look forward to winning a ton of money from him in the future as his line in this hand blows IMO.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is anybody taking the free turn card against two pre-flop raisers?

It's doubtful you're taking down this pot UI, and the only card we're afraid of is a king, with a lot of possible cards we'd like to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is referring to 3 betting with close to break even equity in an attempt to get a free card, I was suspecting a 4 bet from mp2, and being results oriented =&gt; PT says i never hit when pump draws =D

I hit this time though! haha
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM

Can you really call it a nut flush when it isn't the nuts? Just being a flush, I mean, it's a bit confusing. From the topid I'd say why not cap the nuts on the river, then I see you don't have the nuts. Well whatever you say about that, that's not why I made this post.

I think you can 'not' cap the river, yes. I'd probably raise it too but not cap it once again.

Why, Oh Why can't I get the converter to do it right?

Well, you can see the results. Basically there was action all the way, a huge pot and I lost it on the river, didn't even notice the full house possibility.

Party Poker (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 calls 17.88 (All-In).

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB calls 21 (All-In).

Final Pot: 28 BB

Results in white below:
BB has Th Qs (one pair, jacks).
UTG+2 has 6c Qc (two pair, jacks and sixes).
MP3 has 2c 2s (full house, twos full of jacks).
Hero has Jh Ah (flush, ace high).
Outcome: BB wins . UTG+2 wins . </font>
Old 11-08-2005, 03:28 PM

Do you have any reads on villian other than the stats you show? It'd be pretty obvious to even a halfway decent player that you're on a flush draw when you raise the river, and he shouldn't be 3-betting without a FH.

But really, I don't think you're beat so much that you're spewing with the cap. If you were somewhere where villain could 5-bet you, I'd argue more strongly for a call.