Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: The perfect river card for me... (and my bluff) ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But let's forget about odds. People aren't always thinking " I have to be right only 1 in 8 times." I was trying to portray the "I have the first or second nuts and you won't be right this time."

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this concept. Often when we analyse a hand we focus on narrowing our opponent down to a range and lines like "against that range I'm at 1.8:1 so I have the pot odds to call...".

For a long while I concentrated far too hard on the cards in my hand and I feel I've improved my game by focusing more on my opponents hand and importantly how he perceives my hand (I realise that this simply a stage).

To paraphrase Gigabet "The ability to get your opponent to lay down the second best hand" (when you are holding rags) [is a key factor in tournament play]

Note: not sure I would have tried it in this instance though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but GigaBet would never make this move against a player whom he has no read on.