Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-21-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Superhero(?) using electricity to defeat villan

My coworkers and I were having a random discussion that deviated into electrical fences and using yourself as a conduit to zap someone who's less grounded than you - because you have rubber soles, but that's not what I want to talk about....

This stirred some deep-seated memory that I cannot quite place nor remember the details involved, and it's bugging the heck out of me. I suspect I saw this in either a movie, or a comic book. I beleive the set-up involved some number of the following facets, but probably not all of them: The villan was unusually difficult to defeat, and/or had some power of precognition or computation, which it allowed it to anticipate any more the hero (or any human?) could make. The conclusion was the hero somehow used electricity (probably using himself as a conduit?), to defeat the villan, and for some reason this was un-foreseeable by the villan. (Maybe villan was a computer programmed to fight humans, and humans can't electrocute themselves to win a fight?) There was definately a 'hero outsmarts villan' subtext involved.

Please tell me you know what the hell I'm talking about. Does any of this ring a bell to anyone?