Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 AM

Default $5/10: 66 vs likely overpair

Stars $5/10 6-max. I know little of the enemy. I've seen him open-raise A7o from the second seat, flop an ace, and then retreat to check-call mode when he got raised. That's it.

I get 66 in MP and open-raise. One guy cold-calls, and it's folded to the BB who three-bets. We call.

Flop: T 9 4 rainbow. BB bets, I raise, next guy folds, BB three-bets.

I suppose I am done for. Does anybody fold now getting 14-1?

Turn: 7, no two-flush. He bets, and my response is to...?

What's your river plan for a 6, an 8, and any other card?

Guy.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: $5/10: 66 vs likely overpair

I think the flop call is the closest thing. 2-outer + poor DB str8 draw + plus implied odds, I think you can call. I think the turn is easy since JJ represents a small number of his possilbe holdings. All other overpairs, you have 6 outs against. How likely do you think he would 3-bet 99 or TT PF? If not that likely, a call looks +EV. I'm certainly raising a river 6, but I'm not sure about an 8. I would not know what to do if I raised a river 8 and was 3-bet.

WiteKnite
Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 PM

Against some players I don't mind folding to the flop 3-bet. Against the player you described I think I can fold and feel OK.

Once you call the flop and pick up the gutshot then you must call and be prepared to checkraise a river 6 and lead a river 8. If a broadway cards hits on the river then I check-fold. Any other card I think I would bet-fold.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Once you call the flop and pick up the gutshot then you must call and be prepared to checkraise a river 6 and lead a river 8. If a broadway cards hits on the river then I check-fold. Any other card I think I would bet-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have position, and the opponent has a history of slowing down even with top pair against resistance, albeit only a one-hand history. Do you still want to put a bet in on a river blank if he checks?

Guy.