Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Which 2+2er could end up on America's Most Wanted?
TheDude 24 31.17%
Rory 8 10.39%
TheBruiser 20 25.97%
Joe Tall 7 9.09%
DeathDonkey 18 23.38%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Flu Epidemic O/U

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling the over, I think flu virus stuff is all bs. The theory I constantly here is, we haven't had one for a long time so like we're due....sounds like gamblers falacy. Wooooh better put all my money on black reds been up 5 times in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]although I wish it was all a hoax, it's actually a real virus that has already killed people in asia...it's not so much that oh is been a long time and we're 'due' for a pandemic...the point is that if this thing does spread, we aren't prepared with vaccinations and if you do get it, you're pretty much screwed

[/ QUOTE ]

They said the same thing about SARS 2 and a half years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

And West Nile.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

anyway i think losing a few billion would do our world good, survival of the fittest and all that

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're one of the few billion that kicks it, of course. Then it would be a tragedy.

There's always going to be a group of scientists and doctors who start sounding alarm bells whenever a new bug is discovered. The media listens to these guys, and ignores the ones who don't make the sensational predictions.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling the over, I think flu virus stuff is all bs. The theory I constantly here is, we haven't had one for a long time so like we're due....sounds like gamblers falacy. Wooooh better put all my money on black reds been up 5 times in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]although I wish it was all a hoax, it's actually a real virus that has already killed people in asia...it's not so much that oh is been a long time and we're 'due' for a pandemic...the point is that if this thing does spread, we aren't prepared with vaccinations and if you do get it, you're pretty much screwed

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And West Nile.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

anyway i think losing a few billion would do our world good, survival of the fittest and all that

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're one of the few billion that kicks it, of course. Then it would be a tragedy.

There's always going to be a group of scientists and doctors who start sounding alarm bells whenever a new bug is discovered. The media listens to these guys, and ignores the ones who don't make the sensational predictions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually if I died of disease or famine or some such natural thing i'd be ok with it, I understand the very insignificant but very important incremental aspect my life has to the greater good of humanity. I just wouldn't want to die for nothing. I guess that sparks an interesting debate on how evolutionary theory works or something.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:59 PM

i hope you die [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And West Nile.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't the scientists and doctors who I blame, it is the media. Docs are naturally interested in the area they specialize in. Ask a rheumatologist what the purpose of the circulatory system is and he will tell you that it is to deliver blood to the joints. Asthma isn't nearly as sexy as West Nile Virus, but it affects a hell of a lot more people. There are docs talking about (the increasing incidence of) asthma, but they are a lot less fun to quote.

From my current (small) sample, the epidemics the world will be facing are noncompliance with diabetes and hypertension medications and failure to quit smoking. Super killer bird flu is once again much cooler to talk about.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 AM

I take over, way over as in probably never and this wont be a story come Christmas or the next Shark attack/celebrity trial.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:30 AM

oh man, shark attacks are totally sweet!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh man, shark attacks are totally sweet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they are. infact the media needs to divert all their helicopters from following those lame ass car chases and instead start swarming around beaches so we can see these happen.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 AM

I'm taking waaayyy over five years. Every year there's some new flu out of Asia threating to destroy humanity. Its the sick (like ppl with AIDS) and elderyly who ultimately are the ones killed. Oh, and small malnourished children.