Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Adjusting to a strange player

He was a 35/20-ish player, but much more aggressive post-flop than I'm used to. So this is the first hand where I "noticed something amiss". I think I played it standard, but if not, I'm sure you'll let me know:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Ac (two pair, kings and fives).
BB has 7c 7h (two pair, sevens and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

Then a little bit later, this hand occurred:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (13.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

That flop check/call is something I never do. Looking back at it now, it really looks like fancy play syndrome, but the results have me wondering if I subconsciously identified this guy was prone to going nuts on the turn, and thusly, extracted the maximum from him. Like a CR-induced tilt?

I don't know how fast aggression factor converges, but looking back at PT now, after 55 hands this guy's AF was over 6.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to a strange player

I like both hands. I didn't look at the results, but don't post them anyway.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:43 PM

In this case, the play of the first hand, and the results of it, are what drives the decisions of the second hand, so they are approrpriate. Perhaps I should have left off the results of the second hand.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps, but in this case, the play of the first hand, and the results of it, are what drives the decisions of the second hand, so they are approrpriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case, post some primer hands that you weren't involved in, just to show his idiociy. Or at least don't post the results on the second hand.