Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: $11 how bad is this push?

First of all, I didn't put the results in the OP for this reason. The ONLY reason I posted them at all is to show the other poster Lorinda was right.

SECOND OF ALL, if I thought this was a bad beat, then I would be assuming my play was right, WHICH I'M NOT. In fact I just said I didn't like my push after all.

So I ask, if someone questions a play they made, and they lose the hand, then it's automaticly a bad beat?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:09 AM

I gave you good reasons why your push was +EV, which instead of adressing, you grumbled about your many reasons why pushing is so bad. What is one or maybe a few of those reasons?

And look, it's not like it took Loralinda any incredible psychic talent to know your hand, since she posted the suits with confidence somebody (probably you) already told her. So what are you proving that she can read?

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I didn't put the results in the OP for this reason. The ONLY reason I posted them at all is to show the other poster Lorinda was right.

SECOND OF ALL, if I thought this was a bad beat, then I would be assuming my play was right, WHICH I'M NOT. In fact I just said I didn't like my push after all.

So I ask, if someone questions a play they made, and they lose the hand, then it's automaticly a bad beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2005, 12:11 AM

Dont understand. You thought the villian missed the flop, which he did, so you pushed having the best hand after the flop and your mad because he drew out on you calling with overs. Your instinct was right and you got unlucky. Its not always if you win or lose. Feel comfort in that you made a great read (or guess) and made the right play on got your money in with the best hand.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:18 AM

Basically, there are a lot of reasons that he hates his move, which he can't discuss. And they have nothing with the fact that he lost this hand. He his immune to the results of this hand, but he knows some secret reason why this hand struck him as a bad play, and wants to know if we know it too. Also, Lorinda is a freaking psychic genius, so step off!

[ QUOTE ]
Dont understand. You thought the villian missed the flop, which he did, so you pushed having the best hand after the flop and your mad because he drew out on you calling with overs. Your instinct was right and you got unlucky. Its not always if you win or lose. Feel comfort in that you made a great read (or guess) and made the right play on got your money in with the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2005, 12:23 AM

I appriciate the work you put into helping me with this. I really do. You showed me that I was +EV to push this.

I AM NOT MAD ABOUT LOSING THE HAND. This is not a normal move for me and all that I was tryin to find out is if this was a good spot to take a shot at the pot.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:26 AM

HOLY [censored] MORAN!

All you have to do is look up the tourney # and you can see the whole friggin tourney if you want to.

And I would love to explain why I don't like it, but I don't want to come across as crying about it.

Thanks for all of your input.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:36 AM

Sorry to have got you into trouble DbS.

Anyway, I don't think the raise is bad. The type of player where it is 100% bad in the $11s is the one who never limps and just raises every hand. Those players invariably have AA thru QQ.

Otherwise, with this stack and this position, I think you have every chance of taking a nice pot here that will put you in good standing for the forthcoming bubble.

The way the pot went, you played it right.

Lori
Old 09-29-2005, 12:36 AM

Thanks, I play a lot of $11's, so I feel that my advice is worth something when I say that the villian has overcards a lot of times here.

Also, if you want to call me a moron because you know something I don't, I think I'll remind you that something I know is how to beat the $11's better than you. And then, I will ignore you forever. bye bye.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
***** Hand History for Game 2792650777 *****

Also, Lorinda is a freaking psychic genius, so step off!

[/ QUOTE ]

I accept full responsibility, DbS had nothing to do with it, sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I believe it's my fault he posted the rest of the hand.

Lori
Old 09-29-2005, 12:45 AM

Thanks for your help.

I know I am playing too tight, and I trying to find where to be more aggressive, that's why I pushed this. And I just wasn't sure if it was good.