Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Anyone play at blackhawk?

[ QUOTE ]
I ususally play theGalpin when I am there. Nice room. Just dont like the smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Solution: sit on the non-smoking side of the room. Even on the smoking side, though, it's probably much less smokey than any other room in town. Check out Mountain High.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 PM

By the way, how'd you do yesterday? What/where did you play?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:43 PM

First, we definitely need to get a Colorado 2+2 home game going!!! I'm also in Littleton and hate the damn $2-$5 spread limit games up in the mountains.

Best place I think is Mountain High. I've done the best there and at the Fortune Valley (use to be Harvey's) in Central City.

The Lodge just plain sucks, too many crazies with tons of money to throw around. Can't tell you how many time my AK has been cracked after flopping top two to runner runner trips. I don't think they call it Holdem' up there, I think it's more accurately called "River."

As for win rates, I buy in for $150 at the $2/$5 game (which seems a little high, most people buy in for $100). Walking away with anything over $100 has to be considered a win up there. What do you think?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:46 AM

That sucks the smoke gets to you guys. I'll be f'd if I ever quit I guess.

Nearly every game (2-5) I get into up there is soft as hell. I don't understand why people complain.

I avoid the lodge like the plague, although the 2-5 action is still soft. Gilpin is nice but the action is dry. CCS is the shiznat... mega action and the best tournament structure in town. Mountain high is pretty good but the games seem able to be tougher (small sample size). FV used to be a bunch of rocks nut-peddling, I don't go there now. I haven't been to the golden gates' room yet.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Nearly every game (2-5) I get into up there is soft as hell. I don't understand why people complain.

I avoid the lodge like the plague, although the 2-5 action is still soft. Gilpin is nice but the action is dry. CCS is the shiznat... mega action and the best tournament structure in town.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with pretty much everything. I play at CCS every Saturday night and there are always plenty of action.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:37 AM

I've played at CCS and the Gilpin. I made more $ at CCS but I like the Gilpin's room. Haven't tried FV or MH but I heard (maybe wrongly) that MH's games are like the Lodge. I also heard that if you have a player's card (like the slot club) they pay you $1 an hour.

I have a friend who's a floor at the Lodge. He doesn't understand why I don't like playing "the lottery", as I call their games.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:33 AM

What amount of money do you all buy in for up in Blackhawk...assume you're playing the 2-5 games.

What is your average winrate? Not in terms of big blinds per hour, but in terms of total earnings per session? I'm doing well I think if I take home $100 after a four hour session.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:39 AM

I usually buy a rack of white and a stack of red for show, so that's $200. Usually I'll cash out around $300-350 after 5 hours.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually buy a rack of white and a stack of red for show

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you showing? The only thing that shows is when I have a stack of red at the end of the night, I know where it came from.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually buy a rack of white and a stack of red for show

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you showing? The only thing that shows is when I have a stack of red at the end of the night, I know where it came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

A stack of red.