Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: rebuy etiquette

I don't mind the names, i get used to it. I just rememeber how much more likely i am to win than them, and them thinking your a clueless moron is pretty useful once rebuy period ends and you play normally.

The worse is when players stall and use their entire timebank for the rebuy period to slow you down. I once had three people sitting a row all stall to try to stop my allins. You'd have thought they would want to see more cards and catch something to bust me...
Old 09-14-2005, 03:50 AM

just turn chat off for the first hour
Old 09-14-2005, 04:36 AM

Easy solution. Challenge most obnoxious flamer to HU for 500+ sng. Win. Favorite time doing this. 2nd hand in I raise 45s flamer calls flop A25, I bet pot, flamer calls turn 3, I bet pot flamer pushes, I call, flamer says, "Oh fine, win it like that." Flamer 25os LOL
Old 09-14-2005, 07:19 AM

I like guys like you, they make the first hour more interesting, especially when others start getting really annoyed about your suck out, and then you suck em out again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Personally, I'll play standard H0H1 on normal tables, but if it's very lively and all-ins are happening frequently, I modify this way: I play only AA-JJ,AK,AQs as an all-in for the first 55 minutes (except the blinds or if I'm first in OTB and OTB+1, where I'll be stealing with anything reasonable). Typically I've either doubled up, in which case I stick to this play until rebuys are over. or Sometimes I've busted out for 1-2 rebuys if not lucky.

Sometimes I haven't played at all, and have 50-60% of a starting stack. In this case, I'll be all-in with anything reasonable (which in this case will be about 60-70% of hands), and if I make over the starting chips, I then bed down for the rebuy to end/add-ins to happen. If I bust, I rebuy, and wait for the add-ins. Then I always buy an add-in, unless I got more than 4x the add-in, in which case I don't bother.

This way, I'm there at the start of the real play with a small/medium stack, which usually is enough to get me to the money with solid HoH play unless I get a suck out.

Having said all this, I only go into an addin tournament if I can't find a freezeout at the time I want to play.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:29 PM

I play low buyin tournaments where a lot of players use "All in nearly every hand" strategy. I used to think that they are just idiots with big bankrols who came to play just for fun. And yes, I used to verbally abuse those players after geting a bad beat from them (I'm not proud of it).
The OP sad that hi likes to use this approach and it works out good for him. I don't understand it. What is the point of going all in with junk and make 15 rebuys during first hour? I am asking because I want to understand it and not to argue about it. Maybe there is good post that discusses it? I did a serch but as usual couldn't find anything.
Thank you!
Old 09-15-2005, 01:34 PM

come to my table. i won't heckle anyone who's donating.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:34 PM

that was you????!!!! you bastard!@ lol
Old 09-15-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play low buyin tournaments where a lot of players use "All in nearly every hand" strategy. I used to think that they are just idiots with big bankrols who came to play just for fun. And yes, I used to verbally abuse those players after geting a bad beat from them (I'm not proud of it).
The OP sad that hi likes to use this approach and it works out good for him. I don't understand it. What is the point of going all in with junk and make 15 rebuys during first hour? I am asking because I want to understand it and not to argue about it. Maybe there is good post that discusses it? I did a serch but as usual couldn't find anything.
Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully building a huge stack for the 2nd hour to dominate the table. you can switch up your style of play for the 2nd hour a lot. you can play loose and aggressive, you can wait for aces. you can go afk and make lunch. etc.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:30 PM

Just rebuy like the rednecks do down at our poker house on the south side of Indianapolis. Basically, they just shove their chips all in with 53o behind two all ins and yell out "Phuck it, I ain't proud: REBUY."

Indy
Old 09-15-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully building a huge stack for the 2nd hour to dominate the table. you can switch up your style of play for the 2nd hour a lot. you can play loose and aggressive, you can wait for aces. you can go afk and make lunch. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part of getting really crazy in the first hour of the 10r especially, is that many people do not notice your gear shift in the second hour. as long as your aware of your image and what people you have tilted, this becomes very valuable.

by the time the third hour comes and your stack is a little lower compared to the blinds and you have to start making moves etc, most of the complainers have busted or you've been moved.