Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: 6 max variance is a bitch!! No content

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, in less than 200 raked hands I was as far up as 50 BB and down as far as 35... the players are so bad, but the swings make me seasick
Its a fuggin E-ride at disney land [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks 2+2, another wacky profitable 6 max night.. Spent 4 hours at the same table with a 90/25/22 who would bluff 3 bet into a field of 4 callers with ace rag on a coordinated high board about once an orbit
He capped all streets with AQo no pair when I turned quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friday I lost 70 BB in 4 hours grinding at six-max (with 3/4 Table VPIPs 50%+ and PFR 15%+...) and the next day I made it back in less than an hour. Welcome to f'in' six max, brother.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Went back to full ring after 1/2 hour on 6 max and I almost couldn't take how slow it was. I need to find a comfort level with 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, I didn't notice 6-max being faster when I moved to it, but I sure as heck notice 10-handed feeling ungodly slow when I've gone back [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-12-2005, 01:51 PM

I play 3/6 sometimes 5/10 6 max.

One thing to do is keep an eye on the oppoenent's VPIP, Aggression factor, and Raise PF. Look in poker tracker and keep uploading hand histories.

Some players are so passive that you can easily fold a hand to them while the same board and same play from a different player is a complete bluff. Know thy fish and pirhanna.

One lesson I learned from playing SH is when you are WH or WB. Sometimes just calling down is the best play. It keeps the smart bluffers paying you off and the LAGs betting there middle pair.

With one opponent from the flop and beyond and any reasonable holding I call down. Most of the time they are betting crap or bluffing. But once again depends on the player. Now don't call down with KsQs on a board with all low connecting cards, 2 diamonds, 1 club. But be prepared to call down with middle pair sometimes bottom pair. A lot of these call downs will earn more money where if you raised the other player would have folded, thus you lose bets. Also calling down makes them think twice about bluffing you thus avoiding tough decisions.

Play the game like 4 folded in front with a few more hands raising. I raise with 66 in any position becaise my image is usually good, and since only an imaginary 4 people folded a head of me I believe there is a greater chance there are more crap hands out there. Full game I would probably do it from CO or BUT.

2 players on the flop gets tricky. You still see some fool bluffing into 2 players so its a little harder to catch. Take your time also to think about the hand, position, player. Ive made some amazing calls and bets just based on player knowledge.

It gets easier. I know a really good player that is in 10/20. He is a LAGgy player and makes over $2k a day playing 4 tables. Watching him it seems almost like he is just lucky but I see players fold hand after hand to this guy.