Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Hand 1: Weak-tight from tilt? Hand 2: Good lay?

<font color="blue"> Last couple of hands I had my set of cowboys cracked and AA punked by 210o, yes he cc with 210. I was steamin' and know I shouldn't be but sh*t. Villain here was 36/13 and fairly aggressive but not stupid</font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I figured villain would three-bet a flush draw here, but think that's too narrow of a hand range now.</font>

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

<font color="blue">I figured I'd make him pay if he was on a flush draw.</font>

River: (10.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">The flush card came and I wimped out, I think I put villain on too narrow of range of hands cause I was in that mentality of 'nothin is goin right for me today'. I need to value bet this river right?</font>

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

<font color="blue">Villain just sat down a few hands ago, wasn't steamin' anymore after i won a big pot with a flopped full house, damn I'm so frikkin emotional!</font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

<font color="blue">AA, KK, QQ, and now JJ beat me. When he checked I felt like he was trappin' but he was unknown so I bet and maybe walked into his trap. If he outplayed me with TT then 'nice hand' I think. Good lay?</font>

Final Pot: 14 BB <font color="blue"> </font>
Old 09-11-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Hand 1: Weak-tight from tilt? Hand 2: Good lay?

Hand 1: Yes, maybe you should value bet there.

Hand 2:I think pot is too big to fold. You still have outs (If you are not against JJ or flopped set)

Opponent: AA = 2 outs, KK = 5 outs

He also could have AK (maybe A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), or AQ or some other hands also.

I would call to the SD.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:42 PM

What is he c/r'ing with in hand 2 though, that had me twisted. . .
Old 09-11-2005, 04:03 PM

Hand 1:

Value bet that river, especially since you can fold to a raise. I don't know why villain would 3-bet OOP and HU with just a flush draw, and i really don't know why he would then donk the turn, unless he thinks he can semi-bluff you off a better hand. Given that, the river is a great card for you, as it just counterfeited his two-pair.

If he check-raises, you're probably looking at trip 9s or a slightly stupidly played set or 78, and you fold.

Hand 2:

That check-raise sucks, but i'm calling down against an unknown, especially now that MP2 folded.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:15 PM

Hand 1 - I think you can value bet b/c villian was played his hand like he had a pocket pair or a6. But these situtations are tough, and I think a check through is ok if you are not comfortable folding to a check raise

Hand 2 - I think this is an ok fold. Though I usually call it down against an unknown. Close either way, you will usually lose but win enough to maybe make it +EV to call down.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:17 PM

hand one: i havent ran into many opponents who 3-bet the flop when HU with just a flush draw, so i definately bet the river for value in hand one. i probably cringe and pay off to the check raise too.

hand two: against an unknown i probably call this down.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:33 PM

I think against unknowns you can fold hand 2 to the c/r. Most people won't 3bet that flop with TT or AK, and fewer still will go for a turn c/r after a flop 3bet w/o the holy nuts.

Hand 1, I probably cap the flop, and I bet the river, and fold to a c/r.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:48 PM

Ok thanks fellas, wookie I wanna touch your boobs [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Oh by the way villain had TT in hand 1.