Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-10-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Am I becoming weak-tight?

Okay I am now worried that I am getting a bit weak-tight in my old age.

Two examples.

One limper, I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], get a cold caller and the usual reaction from the blinds and limper.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and they check it to me. I check and so does the last guy.

Turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], it goes check, bet, fold and I fold.

Another example:

88 in CO. Limp, limp, I raise, blinds and limpers call.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. They check it to me, I bet, they all call.

Turn is J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Again they check it to me, I bet, and only the last limper calls.

River is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he checks. I check behind.

Guy.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Am I becoming weak-tight?

Hand 1: bet the flop and take a free card when you dont improve on the turn. If you don't improve on the river fold to a bet.

Hand 2: I think a check is ok. Any hand you beat is likely to fold & the many hands that beat you are going to C/R
Old 08-10-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Am I becoming weak-tight?

i probably bet the flop on the first one - sometimes they all fold - i think check is ok - i'm not calling you weak tight yet

i definately bet the river in the second hand - this is a prime river for any ace to call and a 7 is obviously calling as is a losing pocket pair

your a nancy - but hey at least the cricket is looking better

stripsqueez - chickenhawk