Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Sincerity

[ QUOTE ]
hope this post doesnt need to get edited, not that i should be compared to him but, did izmet ever get edited?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, abdul did. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] actually iirc izmet left the forum over something much sillier.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: DrDizzOOM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is this 10/20? considering i've never seen him, i'm guessing it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only seen him at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw him at the 3/6 tonight. I don't understand why others in this thread are so critical of him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree. Maybe we transformed him.

He sat at my table and I thought, oh yay, a lag to take money from. I left shortly afterwards because I didn't see an edge over him and the rest of the table.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now i dont know you, you know that. so take a breath and remember you dont know me either. lets try to be productive.

it never matters if you think someone "sucks." that will not help your game. ever. now, why they suck is another thing. you said that you play LAG or TAG when you need to work on that. from the way you say it you lead me to believe that you dont do that. i wont explain why, you know if you do or not so it doesnt matter. but try this, play one 3 6 sh table. keep your vpip up at 50 or over and your pfr at 30. now watch what happens. i dont think you will get the same effect if you play lower so thats probably the cheapest place. people adjust. you too. your post flop play changes. there are new angles to play there. new places to make money. there really are. that may help your game if you learn WHY it is like that. good luck.

doc

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I start to make foolish call-downs where I otherwise would fold.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lets be honest. most of you are not critical players. you take whatever you read or whatever strange notions you get in your head to be LAW. you DO NOT test any of it. you do not question. that is why your play is static and easy to read. you will never develop in poker or in life that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so very dead-on true about this forum.

Good post.

[/ QUOTE ]

einbert,

have you read this post from Hock_? it touches on the same issue, one that I feel is very sadly true.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so, I think we should definitely strive to turn as many players who currently provide us with expected profit into more skilled players as possible.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so, I think we should definitely strive to turn as many players who currently provide us with expected profit into more skilled players as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't get all righteous on me, bitch. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe he was aware of his own lagginess and maybe it wasn't working out, so he morphed into a sane player. I didn't have anything to do with his transformation. Maybe this post did. Who knows.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 AM

That post wasn't directed at you, just this thread in general, which I promise to stop bumping now.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:55 PM

You really need to work on your hand reading skills and learn to fold. I have your WTSD% at like 60% over hundreds of hands. Just having better cards PF doesn't mean you're going to win. But you are fun to play with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 05:21 PM

OK, back when excel was stirring this same pot, I posted the rough stats of a player much, much more loose than what is considered optimal here. He claimed to be a big winner up through the 30/60 games. I think his 2+2 handle was themaroon, but I can't quite remember. Anyways.

The major problem with accepting this seemed - to me, at least - to be that he wouldn't post any screens of his PT db. And neither will anyone else purportedly playing this loose, aggressive style.

We have 30k+ registered users at 2+2. We have hundreds, if not thousands, of screens from winning players playing 20-30/15-25, or around there. But I have never once seen a screen from this other group.

I believe its possible, I really do. But where's the smoking gun, so to speak?