Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Foxwoods Friday morning tournament - looking for some help

Hello friends.

I have been planning a 4-day trip to Boston for quite sometime, and I'm going to be there from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon next weekend (Aug. 11-14). The highlight of my trip is going to be a trip to Fenway Park on Friday night to see the Sox vs. Sox game, but ...

I would very much like to play in the Friday morning, 8 a.m. No-Limit Hold'em tournament at Foxwoods. However, I have a couple of problems:

1) My friend that I'm visiting doesn't have a car, so if I want to go, I'm going to probably need to rent a car or catch a ride from another 2+2er
2) Our tickets for Fenway are for Friday night's game which, I believe, starts at 6 or 7.

So, my questions to the friends of this forum are two-fold:

1) Is anyone from the greater Boston area planning on playing in Friday morning's $35+15 tournament, and if you are, may I ride to and from the tournament with you. If I can ride, I'd be happy to pay for half of your gas and either buy you breakfast and/or lunch.
2) If I play in the 8 a.m. tournament, will it be possible to make it back to Boston by about 4 p.m. Like I said, I'd love to play, but my buddy bought our tix for Fenway a while back, and I can't miss the game.

If anyone here can help me out and/or give some info on when the Foxwoods tournament would end, I'd appreciate it.

Either respond here, or PM me and maybe we can work something out.

I figure since I'm going to be so close to Foxwoods, I can't afford NOT to play ... but I need a little help.

Thanks in advance,

yoadrians
Old 08-08-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Friday morning tournament - looking for some help

Bump. Anyone playing? Heck, anyone from Boston going to Foxwoods on Friday morning???
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Friday morning tournament - looking for some help

[ QUOTE ]
Hello friends.

I have been planning a 4-day trip to Boston for quite sometime, and I'm going to be there from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon next weekend (Aug. 11-14). The highlight of my trip is going to be a trip to Fenway Park on Friday night to see the Sox vs. Sox game, but ...

I would very much like to play in the Friday morning, 8 a.m. No-Limit Hold'em tournament at Foxwoods. However, I have a couple of problems:

1) My friend that I'm visiting doesn't have a car, so if I want to go, I'm going to probably need to rent a car or catch a ride from another 2+2er
2) Our tickets for Fenway are for Friday night's game which, I believe, starts at 6 or 7.

So, my questions to the friends of this forum are two-fold:

1) Is anyone from the greater Boston area planning on playing in Friday morning's $35+15 tournament, and if you are, may I ride to and from the tournament with you. If I can ride, I'd be happy to pay for half of your gas and either buy you breakfast and/or lunch.
2) If I play in the 8 a.m. tournament, will it be possible to make it back to Boston by about 4 p.m. Like I said, I'd love to play, but my buddy bought our tix for Fenway a while back, and I can't miss the game.

If anyone here can help me out and/or give some info on when the Foxwoods tournament would end, I'd appreciate it.

Either respond here, or PM me and maybe we can work something out.

I figure since I'm going to be so close to Foxwoods, I can't afford NOT to play ... but I need a little help.

Thanks in advance,

yoadrians

[/ QUOTE ]

Foxwoods takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to. If you really want to try to pull this off I'd recommend getting a room at the woods for the night before. Ask for the poker rate, I forget what it is, but it should be less than 100.

There's also a bus that runs between chinatown and foxwoods. I've never taken it, but it's supposed to be cheap (like $10 each way), but I don't know how long it takes to get there. Call foxwoods and ask them, they'd probably know.

But if I were you, I'd call and reserve a room *now* at the poker rate, that way you're not too stressed about getting there on time. IIRC (though I never played in it, just saw other people), the tourney should be over by 3 if you made the FT. So you should be good if you leave foxwoods by 5 (the game starts at 7).