Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 07-03-2005, 04:51 AM

Default VLC Media Player-getting static!

hey hey,

i have been using VLC media player for quite some time for watching movies...i have acquired a couple of movies recently and as soon as i start it, there is EXTREMELY loud static playing on my speakers. this has only happened for a couple of movies for me...has anyone had similiar problems? other movies work just fine, but the odd movie will be unbearable! HELP ME
Old 07-03-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: VLC Media Player-getting static!

[ QUOTE ]
hey hey,

i have been using VLC media player for quite some time for watching movies...i have acquired a couple of movies recently and as soon as i start it, there is EXTREMELY loud static playing on my speakers. this has only happened for a couple of movies for me...has anyone had similiar problems? other movies work just fine, but the odd movie will be unbearable! HELP ME

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am/was a fan of VLC, but it was only after my recent computer upgrade/re-installation that this same problem happened for me. I didn't think much of it, and decided to get the appropriate codecs and just have WMP handle everything, so far so good.

If anyone can help, don't be hesitant.

I'm gonna take a look at the problem a little later, mabye I can get it resolved for the both of us.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:06 AM

would be much appreciated. tracking down codecs can be a hassle! vlc was supposed to take care of this for me!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 AM

boy oh boy..i've been searching google and stuff, haven't found any solutions. this really sucks :'( HELP ME!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:02 AM

Are the movies burned copies? If so, are they burned on a CD or a DVD? Do you only get the static on those specific movies?