Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Another quiz (not quite as long but still quizy) - part 1

Ok. In response to some comments to chop it up, I've tried to reduce it to a more manageable size.

Comments appreciated.

Assume all are party $50+5 with no reads other than when indicated (you are 8-tabling after all). If what you believe is the correct answer is not listed then choose the closest option but explain what your play would have been.

1) $50+5. 1st orbit, 10 players left, you are UTG+1 with AKs. You raise to 100 and are called by MP and BB. Flop comes 962r. BB bets out 100 (t410), you:

a) Fold like a cheap suit
b) Call
c) Reraise to 300 or so
d) Reraise all-in

2) $50+5. 1st hand, 10 players left, you are SB with AKs. UTG raises all-in and is folded to you. You decide to prophecy UTG and see he has played 100 SNGs. How low does his ITM% have to be for you to call (ignore this question if you’ve never used prophecy):

a) 25%
b) 20%
c) 15%
d) 5%
e) irrelevant - “I’m not willing to bust out with AKs regardless of how bad he/she is”

3) $50+5. 15/30. 9 players left, you are SB with Kx and complete with two limpers and BB checks. Flop comes K95r (t120) and you bet out 80 with one caller. Turn is a 2. How big must x be in order for you to continue firing out bets on the turn and river assuming you do not hit two-pair but board remains uncoordinated?

a) A (ignoring how it was played pre-flop)
b) Q
c) T
d) 7
e) Doesn’t matter what x is, I’m not risking 25-40% of my stack with top pair regardless of kicker.

4) How (if at all) does your answer to 3) change if there are two flush cards and the third flush card fails to appear on the turn or river (t480)?

5) Same situation as 3) but an A falls on the river, you hold KQ. What is your action on the river (t480)?

6) $50+5. 25/50. 7 players left. You have 990 chips on the button with JTs and limp in with another limper and the blinds. Flop comes K98 giving you an OESFD. BB with an initial stack of 1100 makes a near pot sized bet of 175. It’s folded to you who:

a) Folds like a cheap suit
b) Calls
c) Reraises to 400 or so
d) Reraise all-in
Old 06-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Another quiz (not quite as long but still quizy) - part 1

[ QUOTE ]
1) $50+5. 1st orbit, 10 players left, you are UTG+1 with AKs. You raise to 100 and are called by MP and BB. Flop comes 962r. BB bets out 100 (t410), you:

a) Fold like a cheap suit
b) Call
c) Reraise to 300 or so
d) Reraise all-in

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising to 100 to begin with is stupid. I fold on the flop.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) $50+5. 1st hand, 10 players left, you are SB with AKs. UTG raises all-in and is folded to you. You decide to prophecy UTG and see he has played 100 SNGs. How low does his ITM% have to be for you to call (ignore this question if you’ve never used prophecy):

a) 25%
b) 20%
c) 15%
d) 5%
e) irrelevant - “I’m not willing to bust out with AKs regardless of how bad he/she is”

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably gamble around 15%.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) $50+5. 15/30. 9 players left, you are SB with Kx and complete with two limpers and BB checks. Flop comes K95r (t120) and you bet out 80 with one caller. Turn is a 2. How big must x be in order for you to continue firing out bets on the turn and river assuming you do not hit two-pair but board remains uncoordinated?

b) Q
c) T
d) 7
e) Doesn’t matter what x is, I’m not risking 25-40% of my stack with top pair regardless of kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I fold Kx preflop for 15 chips. I don't bet the flop if I did happen to call also.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6) $50+5. 25/50. 7 players left. You have 990 chips on the button with JTs and limp in with another limper and the blinds. Flop comes K98 giving you an OESFD. BB with an initial stack of 1100 makes a near pot sized bet of 175. It’s folded to you who:

a) Folds like a cheap suit
b) Calls
c) Reraises to 400 or so
d) Reraise all-in

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold the flop but also fold preflop.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:17 PM

1. a
2. e
3. c
4. It doesn't change, it would change if a third flush card
came on the river.
5. make another blocking bet, and fold to the reraise
6. d
Old 06-15-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would fold the flop but also fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did notice that he said it was an open-end straight flush draw, yes? You're folding that on the flop here?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:37 PM

Haha I don't look at these stupid acronym's, why not actually write the suits out like a normal person. I figure if it doesn't say 2 spades, then it's just a normal straight draw. Of course I'm not folding anymore, and probably moving allin.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

b) Q
c) T
d) 7

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I fold Kx preflop for 15 chips. I don't bet the flop if I did happen to call also.

[/ QUOTE ]

If others agree with this, I think I found a leak. (Post-flop, that is. I fold this pre-flop as well. Let's just pretend that we had Kx in the BB and hit TP).