Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-08-2005, 04:16 AM

Default 400NL - top set on monotone board

Villain seems decent but nothing special.

Opinions of flop and turn play - do you bet the turn - if so how much?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) converter

BB ($1532.45)
UTG ($285.7)
MP1 ($218.5)
Hero ($552.95)
CO ($392)
Button ($1209.45)
SB ($384)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $14.

Flop: ($42) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, UTG calls $24.

Turn: ($90) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero???
Old 06-08-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: 400NL - top set on monotone board

I would make a pot sized bet to protect the hand and to make it a mistake to draw to a flush. I'd bet 75.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:02 AM

I hate this situation, i dont wanna give a free card here to Ad, but if i bet turn, and get raised i would probably have to muck, as much as I would hate it, because the only person raising IMO would have either a flush, JJ is also likely or Ad.
How a Check Raise?
I think the Ad has to bet here, and obviously so does the low flush.
A CR, prolly gets the Ad to fold and the low flush to call/raise.
If the CR is called, dont put another dollar into it unimproved.
Thoughts?
Old 06-08-2005, 07:38 AM

Seems like a straightforward pot sized bet.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:22 PM

what he said
Old 06-08-2005, 12:28 PM

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) converter

BB ($1532.45)
UTG ($285.7)
MP1 ($218.5)
Hero ($552.95)
CO ($392)
Button ($1209.45)
SB ($384)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $14.

Flop: ($42) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, UTG calls $24.

Turn: ($90) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $100</font>

Does anybody consider checking in this spot?

Does this qualify as a "way ahead or way behind situation?

So after being minraised on the turn what's your plan for the rest of the hand?

Villain only has about $140 left.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:31 PM

Depends on your read. He could be thinking his QQ-AA are good unless he knows you could make the PF raise with TT or JJ. He could also be trying to build a pot for his TPTK flsh draw or made flush.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 PM

Ouch, horrible situation to be in. The preflop, flop and turn actions would seem to sit your opponent with a flush (likely an A high flush, smaller flushes woudl be worried about the fourth d and would raise the flop) but there are plenty of other hands to consider. Firstly the pot s heads up, that means that he doesn't have to be as scared of the flush as he would in a multiway, after all you raised he's only worried about AK/Qs. Without a good read you can't really put him on an overpair (he'd have RR preflop), he could however have Jacks which just made trips (probably with the Jd). AdXo is also a possiblity although I'd have to have a read to believe my opp held that and CR me.

So basically its 4:1 to call but I can't think of any hands that play this way that you beat. However you fill up 20% of the time. This combined with the possiblity this is an A high FD semi-bluff or a lower set make me inclinded to unhappily call. On the river (assuming the opp pushes) I'd fold it if I didn't improve and call with a FH. If I was checked to I'd check behind regardless.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:18 PM

Hi,

Yes, AJ with 1 diamond, JT with 1 diamond, a set of 7's and 2's are all possiable hands. Depending how weak he is, it could be AK/AQ with 1 diamond are possiable hands here if he's an active player. The minraise nonsense annoys me to no end. I want to stove their heads in with a mallet in its retardedness. Its great when I'm semi-bluffing with the Ad in this spot and they are getting cute. I take great pleasure in that 4th diamond coming and they call off their last $140, call me a chasing fish and leave. Donks.

Anyways...

A baby flush/set can't let the turn go check/check. A dry Ad or nut flush can let the turn go check/check and then raise if you bet or just call depending on how 'confident' your bet on the turn is.

He will be putting his last $140 into the pot if a 4th diamond doesn't come and you have him beat.

He won't be putting it in if a 4th diamond comes and you have him beat.

So around 1/4 times he checks the river and you don't get his last $140.

So getting it all in now seems like a good idea. The only problem is he's going to call with hands that beat you and fold a *most* of hands you beat. 22/77/JJ/89/flush are all going to call. Depending on the player AJ/TJ/Ax with a diamond will also call because the pots to big to fold at that point.

Call it down and bet if checked to if he's a nit.

If he's got gamb00l put him all in cause you won't get his money if your still ahead on the river because your call of the min raise says I'm concerned about the flush but I have a good hand and I'm going to call your last $140 on the river.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:05 PM

Bet more on the flop. Say like ~30 or more. Double that on the turn. Value bet river like 1/2 the pot or something as long as non-scary card comes.