[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

A much better question is: why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a good opponent I know it's proper to check the turn here on a paired RAINBOW board. The reason is if he has trips you avoid the check/raise and call the river losing one bet instead of three. If he has nothing you keep him from folding and he may bluff the river or check/call if he thinks you have nothing. Therefore you gain one bet you wouldn't have gotten. I'm just not sure about a two suit board.

Against a good opponent you have to wonder why he would call a flop bet here on this board. Either he hit something or he has an A or K or small pair. If he has an A or K you want to suck one more bet out of him. I guess against a calling station you just go ahead and bet the turn.

So the question is: Do I have to go back through my 2+2 books to see if this is proper on a two-suit board or does someone already know?

And for anyone that didn't know about this play--now you do.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Proper AA turn play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

A much better question is: why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a good opponent I know it's proper to check the turn here on a paired RAINBOW board. The reason is if he has trips you avoid the check/raise and call the river losing one bet instead of three. If he has nothing you keep him from folding and he may bluff the river or check/call if he thinks you have nothing. Therefore you gain one bet you wouldn't have gotten. I'm just not sure about a two suit board.

Against a good opponent you have to wonder why he would call a flop bet here on this board. Either he hit something or he has an A or K or small pair. If he has an A or K you want to suck one more bet out of him. I guess against a calling station you just go ahead and bet the turn.

So the question is: Do I have to go back through my 2+2 books to see if this is proper on a two-suit board or does someone already know?

And for anyone that didn't know about this play--now you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had no read. At these games I assume typical micro-player until proven otherwise.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:55 AM

1. What would you guess is the ratio of "good opponents" to "not so good opponents" at Party .5/1?

2. Without digging through my 2+2 library, I find it hard to imagine anybody recommending giving a free card with the flush draw out. The flush draw will call a turn bet all day, but won't call a river bet unless it hits.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:56 AM

I'd bet this turn. Most of the time you are missing bets there. I think you need reads (LAG)to check the turn.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:00 AM

Why did you check? Checking this turn is terrible. Bet it every time. Sure the 8 will be out there sometime and you'll get check-raised and pay off but it won't be out there much more often.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet this turn. Most of the time you are missing bets there. I think you need reads (LAG)to check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a LAG read make you check the turn?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:30 AM

so he'd bluff into me on the river.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so he'd bluff into me on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not pick up a bet on both 4th and 5th street?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 AM

id only try that if you were out of position and had a knew he would see your weekness and try to bluff you out
Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 AM

I know what play your making and I do it all the time, but not on this board. The Queen is a great card for you, it might have hit him, in which case you will get paid off. Also the two clubs makes me less likely to give a free card, and it makes it more likely he may try some funky semibluff turn CR. So I bet this turn and pay off a CR every time on a board like this. In the case of a rainbow flop and say a 5 on the turn, I have no problem with your check.

-DeathDonkey