Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Marginal hand #5 Flush draw turns sour

Since everyone has been clamoring for more marginal hands [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I thought I'd post this one that happened a little while ago. You guys can debate the play up to the turn if you want but this is the way I play these hands. My question is what do you do on the turn?

Both villains are MegaFish* LPP's. Each one sees 70-80% of flops.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero???
Old 06-05-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Marginal hand #5 Flush draw turns sour

[ QUOTE ]
My question is what do you do on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap your pants. We don't even have 9 outs here, and I'm pretty sure UTG is 3 betting this. I'm taking the weak route and mucking this.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:11 AM

What's with the preflop call?
Old 06-05-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call there with that hand every time.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since everyone has been clamoring for more marginal hands [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I thought I'd post this one that happened a little while ago. You guys can debate the play up to the turn if you want but this is the way I play these hands. My question is what do you do on the turn?

Both villains are MegaFish* LPP's. Each one sees 70-80% of flops.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero???

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold the turn. Flop was capped and you're drawing to third nut flush on a paired board with a couple of guys who are passive but obviously like their chances here. Ax, JJ, AJ, is what I see from both of these guys. Key being, they are passive. They're not betting flush draws. You're getting 6.5-1 but you're probably going to have to call 2 more and the paired board can crush you if one of them fills up (If they haven't already.)
Old 06-05-2005, 09:04 AM

Its close, but capping behind/tainted board pairing outs make this a muck for mine.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I fold this there every time.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:01 AM

At the turn I would call.

You were being offered 7:1 at that stage. Even if the turn were capped you would still be getting nearly 5:1 to call, and the odds of making your flush on the river were about 4:1.

Its possible that if you made your flush, that you could still lose to a higher flush or full-house. However, I think that the odds were still in your favour to call the turn raise, because its not certain that the turn would have been capped.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

Why? I fold this there every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I add my vote to the call this everytime.
It's a suited 2-gapper, there are already multiple callers and it's only half a bet.
I pretty much call with any two suited cards here.

-aron
Old 06-05-2005, 11:22 AM

How did you get your quotes-within-quote boxes to get there?

-aron