Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 06-03-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: TT in the SB Button raises pre-flop

the way you played it: smooth call and lead the turn. why blast out people who are drawing nearly dead? and flush draws will stay in anyways?

the way i would have played it: raise preflop and lead the flop.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:40 PM

Yes, I am an advocate of 3-betting the flop.

On the flop, I originally thought a check raise was good; however, several people, including yourself, have convinced me otherwise.

Thanks for your input!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:05 PM

Here's the whole hand.

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has Ah 4h (straight, five high).
Hero has Ts Td (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 16.75 BB. </font>

I wonder if raising the flop would have folded this guy out.
Oh well. It was nice of him to save me a dollar on the river.

Here's a hand I had again this afternoon...after I read all your responses. I still don't like 3 betting with TT from the blinds. I'm going my own way on this one from now on.

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins 9 BB. </font>
Old 06-03-2005, 04:44 PM

Hey grgr, bet the flop if you are going to take this preflop line. The intention of course is to 3-bet if someone raises. Another play that you might want to make (an expert play imo) to to just call if the button raises and then bet out on 4th steet no matter what card comes. This play tends to work better against a larger field on a more drawless flop, but it is always something to think about.

Personally, I think you should go ahead and 3-bet this preflop at most tables.

Brad