Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: TT in the SB Button raises pre-flop

I meant that's why you should raise PF...

I think we're golden here with the set unless the flush hits; however, I would play the flop aggressively becuase there is a draw.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since there is a 2 flush, I want to play aggressively so I don't get outdrawn.

I don't quite understand where your coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any flush draw is almost always going to have the odds to see the river in a pot that is raised pre-flop.

To OP: leading the flop would have been the best play.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any flush draw is almost always going to have the odds to see the river in a pot that is raised pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but I'm still going to play this flop more aggressively, otherwise I would go for the checkraise on the turn.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like to 3 bet TT in the blinds and that's not my question but you can comment on that if you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] It doesn't matter whether or not you like to, DO IT! Do it because it's more fun to win more money; you want this heads up if possible with the button, and at Absolute Poker you just might accomplish that goal by 3-betting.

I don't like the flop check-raise because you're gonna scare off the button and blast everyone else out of the pot. Betting out is fine.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:21 PM

Anyone who's chasing a flush is making us money. Why not give them a chance?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:24 PM

Given your relative position, C/R just forces the field to call two-cold. With the exception of the flush draw (which you can't fold anyway) all your opponents are drawing nearly dead -- your focus should emphasize getting the most money into the pot and much less effort made to protect your hand. Leading with the intention of three-betting a raise is much more likely to get chips into to pot on this non-threatening board. Depending on my reads of the players in between Hero and Button and the action after my initial bet, I might lead and just call a Button raise, and then lead again on the turn hoping to trap the 'tweeners for at least one more BB. C/R the turn just scares away those drawing dead (but not aware that they are drawing dead).

One of the principle advantages of sets (other than that they are a strong hand!) is that they are disguised -- a lead and even a 3-bet is not likely to convince your opponents that you've hit top set -- they'll much more readily believe they are drawing live to TPTK, two-pair, or a flush draw played aggressively.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:27 PM

Bet this flop, hoping that button will raise you. Then you 3-bet, ideally with trapped callers that will now be facing two more small bets.

I probably would have 3-bet this pre-flop as well.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:31 PM

You guys made good points and conviced me about the C/R; however, I would still re-raise pre-flop with the TT's.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet on flop to elminate players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean raise, since hero didn't lead the flop. Also, hand protection is the last thing you need to be worrying about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did mean raise, and yes I want to eliminate players because wired tens don't win as often unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean here now. If you made a typo and meant to say that you advocated a 3-bet preflop, I'm with you. If you're advocating a check-raise on the flop, then I disagree.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't quite understand where your coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

You will never be able to fold a flush draw on this board, but you should not be concerned about this. You have a huge equity edge over everyone else in this hand, including flush draws. Your goal should be to get as many people to put in as many bets as possible in this hand.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:14 PM

Reraise pf. There's too much money to be made on TT to be letting these limpers off the hook cheaply.

Leading the flop is a must. You want as many bets going into this flop as possible. The limpers might fold the turn UI. The LP guy will probably raise and you have a brilliant trap. Checking was a no win situation here. If LP hadn't bet this flop for you it would be a total disaster. As it is you have a bad choice between blasting out the limpers or keeping the pot small. You cannot expect to regularly make up these small bets you are giving upon big bet streets.

Given the way you played it I would raise.