Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Playing part time this summer. Am I overlooking anything?

don't sign up on Firefox.

I'm curious. Can you elaborate on this?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:43 AM

alittle off topic but...I know that absolute has stackable bonuses, do the party skins have the same?
Old 05-24-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm... i'm in a similar situation, and i play rugby too! though not in socal... where do you play and what position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played as an undergrad at the Claremont Colleges - I went to Harvey Mudd (that's right, none of you have ever heard of it). Now I'm going to grad school at Oregon State, and I'm taking a year off to let my shoulder heal (torn cartilage). When I start playing again, I'm going to have to learn a new position though. At Claremont, I was a prop at 255 lbs. Now I'm down to 170 lbs. So I'm going to have to work on my conditioning to come back as a flanker, or maybe hooker. I like being a forward too much to move out with the backs.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:38 AM

Some sites have issues with the "Cookie Tracking" when you use firefox. If you sign up you may or may not be traced back to your affiliate and if you don't get traced back to your affiliate you will not get any rakeback.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should play at Absolute with their huge bonuses. 1/2 HE is about $10/hr. Get rakeback, don't sign up on Firefox.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's something I'm thinking about. Since bonuses don't overlap with rakeback, it seems like a good deal. Only thing that bothers me is that aren't Absolute ring games a lot tougher than Party skins games? But bonuses and rakeback probably help in this regard.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I played as an undergrad at the Claremont Colleges - I went to Harvey Mudd (that's right, none of you have ever heard of it). Now I'm going to grad school at Oregon State, and I'm taking a year off to let my shoulder heal (torn cartilage). When I start playing again, I'm going to have to learn a new position though. At Claremont, I was a prop at 255 lbs. Now I'm down to 170 lbs. So I'm going to have to work on my conditioning to come back as a flanker, or maybe hooker. I like being a forward too much to move out with the backs.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha another harvey mudder! though i shouldn't be surprised, this is the perfect past-time for nerds like us who have been groomed to spend hours in front of the computer.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm... i'm in a similar situation, and i play rugby too! though not in socal... where do you play and what position?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

flanker's the best position out there! at least, it's the most fun of all those in the pack - i don't have much experience in the back line.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:18 AM

Nice post. I am in the same position as you. I will be playing about 20 hours a week 4-tabling party 2/4 for the summer. Stick with the party skins. Absolute bonuses are nice, but the tables are way tougher than party's. Also Absolute doesn't have the auto import feature which is a big negative when multi-tabling. If they could get a auto-import feature going I would definitely play there. *hint hint*
Old 05-24-2005, 03:37 AM

"flanker's the best position out there! at least, it's the most fun of all those in the pack - i don't have much experience in the back line."

Eh. Flankers do too much running around [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. Toughest job on the field so yeh you'll really need conditioning. Big difference in required mobility between a prop and flanker. And the fact you'll have to add 40+ pounds (I'm used to metric, but 170 is less than 80 kgs?). That's alot of lost weight.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So I'm going to have to work on my conditioning to come back as a flanker, OR MAYBE A HOOKER .

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think this is the ideal summer job.

outs