Old 05-04-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Did I play this wrong?

You folded the NUTs!
Old 05-04-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on anyone.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Td 4d (two pair, tens and fours).
CO has Ac 3s (high card, ace).
Outcome: MP1 wins 22.25 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunching

I question the raise pre-flop w/ AJo, especially with no reads on the table. Flop bet fine, same with Turn.
What's with no re-raise on the river though? There's no chance of a str8 and no boat potential. You've got it so bet it!
walkdoc
Old 05-04-2005, 02:01 PM

Before the fold I think you might be good, but after the fold you are behind a great number of hands!

Gotta hate it when that happens. I think we've all been there once or twice with multi-tabling... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh your explanation makes sense. But if 4 tabling works for you, then it just shows how careful you need to try to be when doing it. I have not tried multi-tabling myself, but I wonder whether playing at 4 times the stakes (i.e. $2/$4) would not give you a similar win rate, where you only have to concentrate on one table.
Obviously playing standards go up as the stakes get higher, but $2/$4 is still considered fairly low isn't it? I think this is the route, which I would prefer to take.
Have any other players got views on multi-tabling at low stakes ?

[/ QUOTE ]

So far I've only played Party during the reload periods so I'm always trying to work off the bonus. The rest of the time I play at another site where I make more money and the rake is lower.

This is the first time I've gotten hands confused like this. It was really an unusual amount of circumstances that all came together at the same time.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:27 PM

If you're going to fold the nuts on the river you should open fold.

Check that flop holmes.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:33 PM

You should have a HU tourney with Bill Fillmaff.