Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Has anyone tried using a feminine user name?

So are you free for drinks later?

j/k
Old 05-02-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played about 1000 hands using my mom's account (since I wasn't eligible for Instant Bankroll, so she signed up for me =D), and I didn't really notice any difference. But just to throw this out there, using a fake name (i.e. a female name when your name isn't) is illegal and can get your money frozen, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The name on the account is legit. It's just the player name that is feminine. You can have any player name you want, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I was assuming your table icon was feminine...?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I never realized the table characters changed due to the gender selected. I have the characters turned off when I play because they are distracting.

Actually, the feminine account I'm playing on is my wife's so the gender is female (promise you won't tell Party).
Old 05-02-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So are you free for drinks later?

j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I'm reasonable.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All my accounts are female (as am I), so I cannot speak to the question of differing results.

But I can say that there are a lot of sad and lonely (or just sick!) men playing poker online - especially on Party! It is a rare ring game session that I don't get hit on and it is not unusual for me to have to turn off chat on a guy because it is too much. And explaining that they are looking at a cartoon character doesn't seem to help. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife's name is Georgene so I don't get hit on as much because they think that's an old lady's name (she's not). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All my accounts are female (as am I), so I cannot speak to the question of differing results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey baby, how's it goin? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 05:26 PM

I have some names that implies that I am crazy about raising, some that says I'm a girl that likes to gamble, and some that give the impression that I am somebodys mother [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
They are not all on partyskins so it's difficult to compare the results, besides from the fact that I would get brutally beaten by the sample size police if I tried.

Anyway, so far I've had most success with the mother account, and it seems like it's more difficult to fold out opponents with the "crazy about raising" account. So it seems like people (at least the fish) actually take screen names into account.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have some names that implies that I am crazy about raising, some that says I'm a girl that likes to gamble, and some that give the impression that I am somebodys mother [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
They are not all on partyskins so it's difficult to compare the results, besides from the fact that I would get brutally beaten by the sample size police if I tried.

Anyway, so far I've had most success with the mother account, and it seems like it's more difficult to fold out opponents with the "crazy about raising" account. So it seems like people (at least the fish) actually take screen names into account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of a funny incident. I was sitting at a table, I folded, and the pot ended up being HU with guy named 72raiser, and he capped every street against the other player. 72raiser turns over AA, and other guy mucks. Made me laugh =).
Old 05-02-2005, 06:30 PM

My accounts are mostly girly names/characters because, well, I'm a girl. And I love it. You boys just never think I might actually know the first thing about poker. And that means I get to take advantage of you ruthlessly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The drawback is playing against the strange and scary people, but hey, that's why the "chat off" feature exists.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:18 PM

I think this says it all.

http://www.unitedpokerforum.com/foru...howtopic=24788
Old 05-02-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried using a feminine user name?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like grjr?

I can't believe this thread has been alive all day and I'm the first to say this.