Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Should I quit the game?

As you might expect I知 not very happy.

I知 quite sure I play a solid ABC game and when analyzing this I知 down (lost money) on hands like AQs, Small Axs, KQs, KJs, KJo, KTo, K9s, QTo, Q9s, TJs, TJo, T9s, 88, 77, 66, 44, 33, 22.

Worse hands I rarely play.

If this says anything to you and you think it could help me please, any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Should I quit the game?

I am pretty much in the same situation as you. My equity curve is like rollercoaster but lately it has just kept hitting new lows.

I'm seriously wondering that can you win in this game? Or are those winniers just plain lucky? I mean that there are millions and millions of poker players and it is a statistical fact that some win huge amounts even if it because of plain luck, not skill.

Don't get me wrong, I think you need skills to win but I guess that the luck-factor is so huge that one can go for many many months losing even if he has skill.

Can the unluckiest man win in this game? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As you might expect I知 not very happy.

I知 quite sure I play a solid ABC game and when analyzing this I知 down (lost money) on hands like AQs, Small Axs, KQs, KJs, KJo, KTo, K9s, QTo, Q9s, TJs, TJo, T9s, 88, 77, 66, 44, 33, 22.

Worse hands I rarely play.

If this says anything to you and you think it could help me please, any advice would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your SD? It looks really big and those swings look sharper than anything I have seen. Are you sure you don't have problems tilting or something? How about posting some more stats to go along with this?
Old 04-27-2005, 05:34 AM

1/2$ sucks, give 2/4$ a shot if you have the bankroll.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:38 AM

Yes, of cause.

I don't think anyone is never tilting but I take a break as a rule when that happens. Then I analyze and usually find that I was running a bad beat and get at it again. I do not believe tilt is the reason for this run.

I rather think it's some leak in my game I can't find.

I play tight so I don't see many flops but I believe that痴 because 1/2 limit at party is pretty tight.

My stats.

VP$IP 13.62
VP$ISB 23.45
Folded SB To Steal 94.25
Folded BB To Steal 83.62
Att. To Stel Blinds 15.42
W$WSF 29.26
BB/100 hands -0.30
Went To SD 27.75
Won$ At SD 60.68
PFR 5.97
Old 04-27-2005, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Went To SD 27.75
Won$ At SD 60.68
PFR 5.97

[/ QUOTE ]

You should definitely call on the river more. Raise more preflop, aim for 8 at least.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:03 AM

Compare to my 50k hands of data. The curve is a lot smoother and even thugh I had some bad downswings they are not nearly as sharp as yours. This is true even though I have a very high SD of 37BB/100 which should be a lot higher than for any limit game.

This data is for 50NL.

[image]http://img256.echo.cx/my.php?image=pokerwin8kn.jpg[/image]

http://img256.echo.cx/my.php?image=pokerwin8kn.jpg

Edit: Why does the image not show? Anyone can help?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:06 AM

Just some more stats
Old 04-27-2005, 06:09 AM

How did you drew that chart? Can you get it from PT?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:14 AM

You're not defending your blinds enough, and seem entirely too timid. Your PFR is incredibly low. Your VPIP is pretty low, too. You could easily smack another 3% onto both of those and still not be anywhere near loose. Your W$@SD looks like you're a very tight player, too. Basically, you look kind of rock-ish.

I wonder if you're not playing a bit mechanically and not pushing your position enough. Perhaps you've lost a lot of confidence and only really push the bests hands. If those hands don't come through for you, you're screwed.

Have you read Millers SSH book? It looks like you need more Miller-style aggression and opening up of your playing style.

What with the rake, I don't think you can be a winning player if you keep these stats right where they're at perpetually. You've got to open out your game.

By the way, I share the same weaknesses you do in my limit game. I'm constantly having to remind myself to open out my stats more, defend blinds more, and steal them more.