Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 02-09-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Playing PPs When an Ace Flops

Any comments on how I played this hand? Was calling down the right move?

Button is very loose agressive. At this point my read on the CO is that he's a solid, tight player.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 02-09-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Playing PPs When an Ace Flops

I'd 3-bet pre-flop. I think you're done on the turn.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any comments on how I played this hand? Was calling down the right move?

Button is very loose agressive. At this point my read on the CO is that he's a solid, tight player.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop I would reraise, then lead the flop as you did. Now if you get raised, you can safely assume you are beaten, especially with CO along. If you did get raised, I would call the raise and check fold the turn UI.

Your read on the CO seems a little suspect to me, only because a solid player is probably going to raise PF in this situation if he has a hand worth limping with. The only caveat is he might have been limping with a big pocket pair to keep you and button along.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:25 AM

First off... I'm 3-betting pf. You need to be sure you chase out the BB and hopefully take out CO. You would like to play the button heads-up if possible. If CO has a limping hand first in from there (btw, CO can't be too solid if he did that), then he may let it go to 2 more bets.

After that, the hand changes a little.

I don't like the turn call.

I like the river call (even tho the second ace increases the chances you are ahead). If you raise, you will probably lose CO and might be facing a 3-bet from a better hand. Calling will probably entice the CO into calling and you would win the same amount without risking more.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Well you're right about my read of the CO being suspect.

CO showed A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] For trip Aces
Button showed 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

In the future I think I'll probably end up check folding the turn in this situation most of the time. At least I can take solace in the fact that I was ahead of the button the whole way.

Thanks for the advice.