Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-23-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: First Party SnG, Entire Tourney Hist for Review

[ QUOTE ]
: ***** Hand History for Game 1213379717 *****
30/60 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 7386790) - Tue Nov 23 12:32:41 EST 2004
Table Table 11150 (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: joneze (950)
Seat 2: tmoney422 (720)
Seat 3: WadeGT (625)
Seat 5: Erniebell8 (135)
Seat 6: Lizardio2001 (78)
Seat 7: LAXDKSU (1369)
Seat 8: Nagareru (745)
Seat 9: mymack (765)
Seat 10: nuchols (2613)
Lizardio2001 posts small blind (15)
LAXDKSU posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Nagareru [ As, Kh ]
Nagareru folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you timed-out on this hand? Intentionally folding is not a good play.

Paul
Old 11-23-2004, 09:02 PM

thanks for the responses.

i think its interesting weve got two very different views on the QQ hand.

my personal thinking was im doing this with A6, KJ, KQ and other such hands inc pairs, so i make the same move with the monsters.

the AA was played badly. shoulda slowed down on the flop, and i knew it right after.

the AK was a silly fold, ill often fold UTG AK with lots of players still in when im playing SnGs with deeper stacks (1500). its a case of not adjusting.

Q7s, i saw this and in there, or maybe the other game i posted, was a Kx hand. i wasnt sure at the time if it was a folder or pusher (ive skim read MJs article, ill go through it again). 3 handed and in SB, your right and i see your point. again, its a case of not adjusting correctly.

ill skip the grannymae hand, nice work for pointing it out though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

as for the bluff on the flop, yes i understand entirely why it was too much.

-----

thanks for the input, anymore for anymore?

Phill
Old 11-23-2004, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read the history ( Too lazy)

I'm just curious, your thoughts on starting with 800 instead of 1000?

[/ QUOTE ]

im assuming you meant 1500.

its not hugely different for me. ive always had an agressive stance to the game so it wasnt too difficult to adjust. my bubble play needs tweaking from what ive seen and read here, but not a huge amount else is different.

however it has to be said, ive played two games at party and got 3rd then 2nd. when it starts going wrong is when your truely able to judge.

what i have noticed is that play is poor in general. i think it was game two where i noticed someone go all in on hand one with 22. and was called by 99. if i remember correctly the 99 guy didnt make the money (no surprises). maybe this is just a side effect of the low stacks.

i think it was level 4 when we were 5 handed on game 1. the first level i start playing hands and half the table is gone.

but give it time and im sure ill be pulling my hair out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

what i truely need now is better internet service. 48k means i missed a few seats a few times just cos others were faster. this is because (i can only assume) party doesnt reserve a seat as soon as you click on it, instead it reserves it when you buy into the game.

Phill
Old 11-23-2004, 10:28 PM

Just watced the whole thing, I loved your straight on the 9,10 all in call. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good job for your 1st game.

I would have have gone all in with the QQ near the end, could have milked a few more chips if you would have been a little less aggressive there. What $$$ level was that?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 PM

I don't mind the way you played the QQ, or even the way you played the AA hand. I would have played both of these the same, or similar. You can't assume the move with the aces was wrong just because the guy folded. You will often miss bets by slowplaying, or give people a free card to make 2 pairs and bust you when you only have 1 pair.

As far as the AK goes. I'm really suprised you fold it in any position in an unraised pot in any tournament with any stack sizes. This is just a little bit too weak for me, and I play pretty weak in the first few levels of tourneys myself.

Through 1600 tournaments at $20 and $30 level,

AKo has earned 2nd highest amount of chips in level 1. (KK, AK, then AA..), and tied for 3rd highest BB/hand (AA, KK higher, TT tied with AKo @ 1.52BB/hand). It is just too strong to let go from any position in an unraised pot (and most raised pots).

I planned on looking up stats for AKo from UTG or UTG+1, but pokertracker is taking a blue moon to change any parameters with this database size, so you'll just have to take my word for it. :P

Just to add some other stats.. if you look at all hands at all blind levels, AKo is 4th in BB/hand (AA, KK, QQ are ahead, as you would expect.. TT AKs and JJ are next.. ). In total chips won, AKo is 3rd to AA and KK, and AQo is next. These are off-topic of the post, but hey I am a stat junkie and figured I would share.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watced the whole thing, I loved your straight on the 9,10 all in call. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good job for your 1st game.

I would have maybe not gone all in with the QQ near the end, could have milked a few more chips if you would have been a little less aggressive there. Maybe not though, tough to say What $$$ level was that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't edit my post above, this is what I meant to say...
Old 11-24-2004, 12:31 AM

Ben,
would you suggest poker tracker if I only play SnG games?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:11 AM

Yes. I admit pokertracker is currently much more full-featured for ring games, but it is still very useful for sng's. I play sng's almost exclusively, and I get lots of useful info out of PT.

With the current tourney features (which I'm sure will be expanded in future versions), I use it for the following:

Tracking my finishes, ITM, ROI... I know this can be done manually, but I'm lazy, and I play 6 at a time, so its much easier to not have to do this by hand.

Tracking my VP$IP, PFR, att to steal rates at various blind levels, various #'s of players remaining, various positions.

Tracking VP$IP, PFT, att to steal for other players that I see more than once. - this will also be included in a HUD that will overlay this info onto your table, which will make it even more of a must-have type thing.

Looking for problem hands to analyze or post here for others to analyze.

A very good investment for anyone serious at polishing their game. (I am not affiliated with PT btw!)
Old 11-24-2004, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Folding AK UTG?

the AK was a silly fold, ill often fold UTG AK with lots of players still in when im playing SnGs with deeper stacks (1500). its a case of not adjusting.
----------------

Why would you ever do this? Just interested in your reasoning
Old 11-24-2004, 01:43 AM

Thanks for the reply. I will forsure look into getting it and as you said in the future it will be expanded to become even more useful for sngs. Seems like a no brainer to buy. What are some of the changes that will be made in the future to be more sng friendly/helpful?