Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Re: KJo

That's what I thought as well.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:28 PM

stox - "with a four straight on the board after raising the turn, anyone who made their straight could be looking to c/r - I certainly would If I was last to act before hero - I think I check this through as well."

Although this hand smelled that TP would be no good, I think Joe Tall gives good advice and on Party 2-4, value betting scary hands like this probably collects more extra bets than you'll lose to a river c/r. Because you lose 1 extra bet to the c/r, but collect 1 or 2 when one or both players call and lose.

I think by having TP beat and looking to c/r the river here with only the turn raiser behind you, you'll lose a lot of bets that way against good players. Any number of hands that would have raised PF, and many that didn't, would semi-bluff raise that turn with last position because of the flop action. Like ATs. And then possibly ch the river if missed and the board hits.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:43 PM

agreed. tx for the post.

After thinking about it, I think I agree with the posters that said 7.5:1 is ok odds to draw to a 6 outer (slim though), and the 3straight + twoflush on the board more than make up for the slim odds overlay in terms of increasing the chance you hit your draw and your hand is not good.

That said, I also agree that betting this river at the 2/4 makes money over 100 trials with top pair.

My first post was inconsistent in the sense that I said you had odds to draw to your hand, but not the ability to bet it if you hit (albeit I would say it's a much easier value bet without the 4 straight coming on the river).