Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 10:15 AM

Default KJo

I tend to overplay KJo. I'd like comments on all decisions, including "I'd fold pre-flop" type comments. BB is a good player.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB Bets, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: KJo

Pre-flop looks OK. I'm playing K-J from the button against one limper every time.

The flop has totally missed you. I don't think there's any shame in folding here.

Having continued on, I like the turn raise, and I would bet the river here almost every time.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:20 AM

Value bet the river.

Your raise from the button is fine and I think if you are going to continue on the flop, raise it. With a bet an a overcall I fold here unless a raise is likely to pick up the pot or get me at least a free card.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 07-14-2004, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop has totally missed you. I don't think there's any shame in folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

getting 7.5:1 closing the action with 6 decent outs? I call this as well.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

with a four straight on the board after raising the turn, anyone who made their straight could be looking to c/r - I certainly would If I was last to act before hero - I think I check this through as well.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 AM

I didn't mean to imply that he MUST fold here. It's a crappy flop for him, though. With only two opponents it's probably safe to continue on.

Sometimes I get stuck in a rut with overcards. "Me have two overcards. Pot big. Me call."
Old 07-14-2004, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the Jc and Kc clean outs though? I'd probably alternate between folding and raising here, depending on my opponents.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to overplay KJo. I'd like comments on all decisions, including "I'd fold pre-flop" type comments. BB is a good player.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB Bets, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to raise the flop here. When the J falls on the turn I'll bet or raise. I check behind on the river.

As always, this is how I would play it, but by no means correct.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:05 AM

I get stuck on overcards somethimes too. With a straight and a flush draw out, I probably would have folded (I have a tendency towards "weak-tight" though.)"

Simply because even though the pot odds were justifying a call for (6)-outs, there is a good chance that you are already beat, and (2) of your (6) outs could make a flush for someone.

That said the raise on the turn was good.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:09 AM

I agree that he should value bet the river, if he can fold to a check raise.

I think I like checking this sometimes though.