Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 05:37 PM

Default A couple KK hands

1. In the first one of course I give thought to the SB betting a flush on both the flop and river. When he 3bets the turn he obviously has it. My turn raise was intended to pressure the SB while charging the button in case he held a big diamond.

I'm most interested in what you would do on the turn and whether or not you payoff the river.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (17 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kh Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Button shows 3d 4d (flush, king high).
SB shows 5d 8d (flush, king high).
Outcome: SB wins 20 BB. </font>

2. BB's turn 3-bet looks to me like it might be a guy on a flush draw who thinks it's going to get capped so he might as well raise himself. I'm not nearly as worried about UTG+1. I quit shortly after this because I didn't think I was making good decisions.

Do you bet the river?

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, BB calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 9s 6h (two pair, nines and sixes).
Hero shows Kc Kd (three of a kind, kings).
UTG+1 doesn't show.
Outcome: Hero wins 15.75 BB. </font>
Old 07-06-2004, 04:58 AM

Default Re: A couple KK hands

I like ther way you played these hands.

Hand 1. I would make the river call too. (big pot, players are crazy, I'm not that good)

Hand 2. I would bet the river if it were heads-up on the turn.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:05 AM

Hand 1: no problem. He'll have the flush only slightly more often than he'll have 2 pair here.

Hand 2: You've got to bet that river!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:37 AM

Hand 1: I don't think like you do. Why would both opponents stay in for 3 big bets with the possibility flush out there against them? Either because they have the flush themselves or a very good hand (JQ or 78 both make straights here). It would be a good lay-down though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but against solid opponents? Maybe not so difficult. But it difficult to see SB betting again on the river unless he's got something that beats you.

Hand #2: I don't follow your logic. The turn card was probably good for BB somehow. Against multiple opponents, I don't see players raising flush draws, they want to hit their flush cheaply and then raise. Heads up they do raise the turn sometimes to try to take the pot but more often it's because they have a good hand.... without the flush, I'm betting all the way.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it difficult to see SB betting again on the river unless he's got something that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of nine hands that the SB could easily have that don't beat our Hero.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:46 AM

Yeah, I agree I have to bet the river, which is why I quit soon after. I had been CR'd a lot during this session and was a little tired of it. This is the only big hand where I didn't make this bet, and it's the only one I won. Ahhhh, irony.... (Irony as defined by Alannis Morisette sp?)
Old 07-06-2004, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Against multiple opponents, I don't see players raising flush draws, they want to hit their flush cheaply and then raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see people cap flush draws all the time, not just in HU situations. The problem was I didn't have a good enough read on this guy to know if he would do that or not.