Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Multitabling question

I multitabled for the first time last night, but I only did 2 tables. I know that is very little compared to those who do 5 or 6. My question is this, do you guys do more than two per monitor? I was only doing two on one monitor and it got a little annoying when my turn to act happened on both tables simultaneously. I only have the one computer for now, but I am considering buy a laptop for work, so I just wanted to know what structure you guys normally follow.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Multitabling question

The idea is to use a monitor that is big enough and has a high enough resolution to allow you to have 4+ tables on the screen without little or no overlap. I dont know what sort of monitor you are using but increase the resolution to the maximum it can handle that doesnt kill your eyes.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:44 AM

Thanks. I have a 19" FP monitor, so it should be big enough to do 4 at max res. Only problem is they will be tiny. Oh well, guess I'll switch to the 4 color deck. Thanks again.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:42 PM

1600x1200 is the resolution you need to do 4 tables on the same screen with no overlap.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I have a 19" FP monitor, so it should be big enough to do 4 at max res. Only problem is they will be tiny. Oh well, guess I'll switch to the 4 color deck. Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most 19" flat panels only go to 1280x1024. This will give you quite a bit of overlap, but you still can see enough of the table to be useful, an you have a large area to click on to bring it to the top without hitting buttons if another table jumps to the top. If you have decent vision, this is still pretty readable on a 19", if you sit reasonably close to the monitor. To get 1600x1200 or more, you probably need at least a 20", which generally cost about twice as much as a 19". So, a 19" is less than ideal, but IMO, still usable for up to 4 tables. Also, any resolution smaller than 1600x1200 will give you some overlap even with two tables.