Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: $22: push any two from SB here?

Dude you REALLY have to learn to assign different ranges to your opponents. I'm not at my SNGPT machine, but I can guarantee you that this is NOT an auto-push against an average $22er. In fact I'll bet it's an auto-fold.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude you REALLY have to learn to assign different ranges to your opponents. I'm not at my SNGPT machine, but I can guarantee you that this is NOT an auto-push against an average $22er. In fact I'll bet it's an auto-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGPT says positive $EV except against the preset "maniac" range. Yes, I do not feel strong on assigning ranges, but in this case I couldn't see this guy calling off his entire stack on a mediocre hand. Am I wrong?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM

This is completely dependent on your read of villain and what you think your own table image is. I don't think anyone can make a reasonable decision on this hand without that situational information.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:42 PM

I push T-5o every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is completely dependent on your read of villain and what you think your own table image is. I don't think anyone can make a reasonable decision on this hand without that situational information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 8-tabling so no read. My image was probably ultra-tight, if anyone was paying attention. I built my stack on one hand, folded the rest.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:48 PM

Um. Am I reading this right? You want to push 12BB into an 11BB stack with T5? At a $22.

And there are people here agreeing with you? Wow.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was 8-tabling so no read. My image was probably ultra-tight, if anyone was paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a read I probably fold. If I had <= t800 same circumstances (no read, tight image) I push.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um. Am I reading this right? You want to push 12BB into an 11BB stack with T5? At a $22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't say I WANT to. I actually folded, but was curious so I ran it through SNGPT and was surprised at the results, so opened it up for discussion.

I'm not sure what I think yet. It completely depends on villain's range, and whether I want to put a dent in my ultra-tight table image that could come back to haunt me when the blinds are more tasty.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:53 PM

This is a terrible push. Seriously. The slight EV you might be gaining by pushing is nothing compared to the EV you hold over the other players when you have 10BB. Just play poker and don't start getting desperate when you have a lot of chips.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that's crazy? If I have a tight image and think villain is fairly tight I do this every time. This being a $22 and the BB having a similar size stack is more of an argument to push rather than fold.

At a higher buy-in I would lean towards folding.

If the big blind had a much smaller or much larger stack I would lean towards folding.

Am I way off base here?