Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Silly little PF w/ 66

Not trying to turn this into my own personal whine-fest (which I think I've been doing some of lately) but wanted to mention that I appreciate the support.

I've been running at worse than -1BB/100 for far too long to believe that I'm just 'running bad'. I'm definitely a losing player (these days...haven't always been).
That's changing though which is nice.

Anyway, here I am actually LOOKING for spots to dial back the aggression...and I still never would have thought it would be a good idea with 66 in the SB here. So this is pretty interesting to me.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Silly little PF w/ 66

I've just come out of a 12,000 hand break-even period, which towards the end was getting a little bit disheartening. I organised a sweat session with Peter Harris. During the two hours I lost almost 40BB but Pete's feedback was really good. He told me that I was playing really well and there was only one hand for the entire session which I managed to feck up.

Since then I've had a nice little upswing. It's a tricky game this poker. You can play very well and still lose. Now I'm just concentrating on each hand. Trying to play each one on it's own merits.

I remember reading a quote once from some forgotten source. It said something like, "everyone is a good player when they're winning. It's the losing sessions that sort out who the really good players are."

Hang in there Bob.