Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Stealing and Playing in the Blinds

As you move up in levels, more and more often you will be put into blind steal and blind defense scenarios. A much higher percentage of the pots you play in will be 2-3 handed. As a result, these two areas become a crucial part of your game. In my opinion, it is blind play that makes the difference between winning and losing at these games.

After reading a few of the threads today, I decided that my own blind play needs a lot of work. I said it would be my project tonight to go dig into the archives and see what I could come up with. Well here are a few gems I thought I would share with everyone.

Nate tha' Great runs some sims
Here Nate tha' Great runs some sims on blind stealing profitability. Good discussions about stealing ranges at different blind structures.

34TheTruth34 is concerned about his blind play
He seems to have a bit of a weak-tight attitude towards blind play. Players such as soda and all_aces give some good replies.

Shorthanded Table Strategy
An off-site article that was written by Abdul Jalib M'Hall concerning shorthanded play, though not necessarily strictly blind play. Kiddo linked to this when for a guy who was concerned about his HU play.

Big Cards in the Blinds
Ulysses (aka El Diablo) asks for a "mix and match" to construct a general strategy. Great discussion between stripsqueez and King Yao, as well as other good comments.

Suited Semi-Crap in the Blinds
Another post by Ulysses with the same idea as the previous one, but this with suited junky hands.

SB Dichotomy
A discussion on playing really tight in the SB involving Nate, kiddo, stripsqueeze and others.

3-handed blind stealing
unknownone seems to be having trouble getting played back at when he steals. Ulysses gives a good response, and also links an interesting post.

Nate tha' Great on Open-Completing
A post by Nate on the benefits of open-completing from time to time, and mixing up your play.

Enjoy!
Old 12-11-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Stealing and Playing in the Blinds

not bad for a canuck. great selection dude.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:54 AM

thanks dude, I'm going to sleep and then I'll read this stuff
Old 12-11-2005, 07:38 AM

<font color="green">Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigested!</font>
Old 12-11-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Saving in my favorites?

Very nice work. The problem I am having is that apparently there are a limit to how many threads can be saved as favorites. Mine seems to cap at 12. Does anyone have a way around this?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Saving in my favorites?

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice work. The problem I am having is that apparently there are a limit to how many threads can be saved as favorites. Mine seems to cap at 12. Does anyone have a way around this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Delete the favorites you already have internalized?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Delete the favorites you already have internalized?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't internalized anything. I need to rinse, wash, repeat and have a hard time getting through these long multilinked threads.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:27 PM

i am pleased to discover the use of the word "bin" (to fold) on these boards has fallen out of favor

eg: "I had KTo in the big blind but binned it because the raiser was super tight"

gross
Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am pleased to discover the use of the word "bin" (to fold) on these boards has fallen out of favor

eg: "I had KTo in the big blind but binned it because the raiser was super tight"

gross

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually noticing that too. It took my a while to realize that it didn't mean raise, and these guys were really tight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

gross

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually noticing that too. It took my a while to realize that it didn't mean raise, and these guys were really tight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think King Yaos advice in that thread was intresting to. Cold calling KJo after a raiser and cold caller (depends on who the raiser is usually)...but intresting, I think a lot of ppl muck that hand there. (might be close in the 3/6 game structure)