Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 03:17 AM

Default 3/6 > Me

I slaughter 10/20 ShorT Handed LHE for 1.5+BB/100, however I have been putzing around playing 3/6 LHE bad beat jackpot tables and getting totally owned. Over the last 15K hands of 3/6 full I have been losing at a significant rate.

To correct this I tightened way up, started playing basic TAG poker, but alas I am still getting owned. I limp in rarely(typically small-mid PP's in early-mid position only). I play my big hands very aggressively. I can't seem to find a reason I'm losing, other than I must be going to showdown too much with 1-pair hands.

Anyone ever tried the reverse pay of SH->Full games and have any advice, or any advice in general? I feel like I should be able to crush a fishy 3/6 full game instead of getting crushed myself.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: 3/6 > Me

First, running bad sucks.. I've been there.

Second, this is only a 15k sample. Don't be too concerned.

Third, tightening up might be a bad idea unless you were playing laggy or something... which is possible since you're coming from SH.

Post some hands or your stats, there's really nothing we can help you with from this.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: 3/6 > Me

I've taken to adding a couple of full tables to my 4 6m tables on occasion. For me the key thing to remember is that you're average 6m player is very different then you're average full player. Full players tend to be much more passive both PF and post flop. When you play full, try thinking for you opponents as weak. Don't be so quick, as is the tendency in 6m, to think you're opponent is FOS. In general, just give them more credit for a hand with they bet or raise because you won't see people betting and raising with complete air as much. On the other side, be more open to semibluffs and blind steals because you will get more folds out of your average full player.