Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Adam Morrison

[ QUOTE ]
JJ may not be completely one dimensional, but he is defintley more one dimensional than Morrison, and for that matter most stars in the NCAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok my question back to you and all the people saying this, if you believe Morrison>JJ for the reasons you state, is there anyway possible using the same argument you can argue Morrison>Williams?

I dont think there is.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JJ may not be completely one dimensional, but he is defintley more one dimensional than Morrison, and for that matter most stars in the NCAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok my question back to you and all the people saying this, if you believe Morrison>JJ for the reasons you state, is there anyway possible using the same argument you can argue Morrison>Williams?

I dont think there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's better than Redick because he can score in many more ways. He's also a better rebounder and defender than Redick.

Morrison is better than Williams because you can go to him in the clutch when you need a basket and he's overall a much better scorer. Williams is having a great year, but he's no go to guy in the clutch.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He's better than Redick because he can score in many more ways. He's also a better rebounder and defender than Redick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a better rebounder because of his height/position he plays, but for his height/position he is a weak rebounder. Also his defense isn't that great.

[ QUOTE ]

Morrison is better than Williams because you can go to him in the clutch when you need a basket and he's overall a much better scorer. Williams is having a great year, but he's no go to guy in the clutch.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Morrison is clutch because he hits a lucky bank shot? Also, this makes no sense because Redick is more clutch than Morrison but Morrison is supposedly better than Redick because he's a better rebounder/defender, where Williams is so beyond Morrison in terms of rebounding/defense that its a joke.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Redick is more clutch than Morrison

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Morrison, but I don't think Redick is particularly clutch at all. I've seen him miss countless big shots over the last two years. His shooting %'s in general are also decidedly mediocre, despite him supposedly being a deadeye shooter. OTOH, he is definitely a more well-rounded player than many in this thread are giving him credit for.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can he be the best player in college basketball on the same day that Reddick drops 41 on the #2 team in the land?

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of white guys who will spend their entire career clinging to the coattails of a mediocre team as an undersized 2 guard too goofy to play the point... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Who is the last white player from Duke to amount to anything in the NBA? JJ will be lucky if he doesn't get hit by a bus before his rookie season.

NT
Old 12-11-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Who is the last white player from Duke to amount to anything in the NBA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say averaging 12.8 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 2.6 APG with 1 all star game appearance and an olympic gold medal (yes i realize it has nothing to do with the nba) over a 13 year NBA career qualifies as "amounting to anything"
Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're obviously a blind duke fan, stop posting. Morrison > JJ 8 days a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've hated dook literally for as long as I can recall, and I think JJ is better than Morrison.

Shelden Williams is better than JJ though.

And I agree 100% with Clarkmeister's post three above mine. I keep trying to tell people this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're obviously a blind duke fan, stop posting. Morrison > JJ 8 days a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've hated dook literally for as long as I can recall, and I think JJ is better than Morrison.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a UNC fan says it, it must be true. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shelden Williams...is a better...inside scorer than Morrison

[/ QUOTE ]

This really isn't true. Williams is probably the most mechanical player in the post that I've ever seen, at least of players who are All-Americans. Catch ball, plant left shoulder into defender, and go up. Repeat.

Morrison is far more creative, and can score inside despite not having great strength. He's a very crafty scorer who gets it done by altering trajectories, changing angles, mixing up his timing, etc.

That being said, Morrison isn't nearly as well-rounded as everyone is suggesting he is. Announcers have been comparing him to Larry Bird because of his height, lack of athleticism, Caucasian-ness, ugliness, and shooting, and I think that's colored a lot of the public opinion of him. But the guy doesn't pass at all. He's a scorer, that's it.

-McGee
Old 12-12-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That being said, Morrison isn't nearly as well-rounded as everyone is suggesting he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone else has finally said this. Read an NBA scouting report on the guy someday. You'll see it filled with areas that they have him classified as weak/needs improvement.