Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: OT: 81,000 players on party

unknown that's just asinine. the new software allows you to 10-table, the current one allows 4-tabling. do you really think fish are going to play more than 4 tables at once? they won't be the ones using the new software; the tag's will.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
unknown that's just asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not necessary.

[ QUOTE ]
the new software allows you to 10-table

[/ QUOTE ]

You can ten table now.

And even before Party allowed 10 tabling anyone who wanted to multitable past 4 tables could find a way to do so with very little trouble.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
unknown that's just asinine. the new software allows you to 10-table, the current one allows 4-tabling. do you really think fish are going to play more than 4 tables at once? they won't be the ones using the new software; the tag's will.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tags have been multitabling since october. I've been playing 7 tables plus since the split. The new software just makes multitabling "easier". I still prefer to have tables overlap, and the beta software is constantly crashing. After using beta for a few hours I switched back to the old client. This seems to be what most people are doing. I doubt the increase in numbers is due to the beta software.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:23 AM

i never thought that it counted me twice if I was on two tables.

I still don't believe this is correct...not sure why so many people think this in the past few weeks (because I don't remember anyone saying that until recently).

If you were on Party and Empire at the same time obviously you were counted twice.

Also - if you are logged-on but playing on zero tables you are still counted.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i never thought that it counted me twice if I was on two tables.

I still don't believe this is correct...not sure why so many people think this in the past few weeks (because I don't remember anyone saying that until recently).

If you were on Party and Empire at the same time obviously you were counted twice.

Also - if you are logged-on but playing on zero tables you are still counted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeat after me, Bob: tables. That's a hard number. If it says, "81,423 players on 10,057 tables", there are 10,057 tables of poker being played at that time.

Also, according to my datamining, the average table VPIP's have been decreasing over the past few weeks, while the number of "players" has been increasing. What does that tell you?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:35 AM

Have we had to start signalling on topic threads in the Zoo now?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:31 AM

Multitabling may very well be a factor in Party's recent jump in player numbers.....won't argue that.

But keep in mind that large parts of the country have been hit by cold...and now very cold+snowy weather. In southern Missouri where I live, current windchill is 4 degrees and it is snowing. It's worse in Kansas City.

This may be business as usual up north, but it is unusally cold for us for mid-December. Probably a good chance that a long, cold winter in significant areas of the country could drive up poker room numbers at many rooms for the next 2-3 months.

In warmer weather, fish can often find other things to do besides play poker.....
Old 12-08-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have we had to start signalling on topic threads in the Zoo now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved it here from the STT forum.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:15 AM

I agree with Bob. It never counted people twice or more in the past, why should we think it is now? 80000 people on 10000 tables doesn't prove that it is counting each player more than once either.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:22 AM

I agree that multitablers are bad news. Even so, I often write off multi-tablers as solid players, there's guys I follow that four table and are huge donators, they play fewer hands, but play them poorly.