Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I am comfortable bringing problems to my management because I am confident they can help me and that
false 19 50.00%
true 19 50.00%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2005, 05:09 AM

Default 55 in the SB

A 10/20 game and you have 55 in the SB. It is folded around to the Button, who is quite loose preflop, and plays fairly aggressively. Stats are in the 50/20 range. He has been known to take both A high and pairs to showdown in cases where he clearly shouldn't.

The BB is a little too lose and very passive, 35/2 player. He is not excessively loose preflop, and would not call bets with total junk, but might with Axo or any two broadways etc. Just your typical calling station who calls bets with any piece of the board, and sometimes nothing.

Button raises, you?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: 55 in the SB

I think this is a super easy three bet. The villains hand range here is extremely wide. Even though the villian is loose its not like he is coming along for two more bets with any two cards.

Folding is definitely out of the question and just calling gives the BB odds to call with a wide range here. Calling also makes your hand extremely hard to play post flop. You have done nothing to define your hand and the BB is very passive and loose so it is going to be hard to find out where you stand.

IMO three bet and its not even close.