Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - My First Video

The KJ hand, I figured I had a BDFD, BDSD, overcard, and a card that is below only one on the flop. Getting 8:1, I think this is pretty close. I also don't want to encourage opponents to raise me every time I make a continuation bet by folding when I miss.

I completely agree on the A5s hand
Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first hand, don't bet the 45678 river when you don't have the 9 or ten, awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree - wasn't really thinking there
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Is the white number on the right of people's stats their wtsd%?

The first hand HU OOP with a 5 straight on board I check/call the river.

6:22 I don't coldcall A5s in the SB against a 56/7's UTG raise.

7:40 I wouldn't call this down without a read, but it turned out well. From what I've seen so far he doesn't seem to be taking shots at you apart from that river check/raise on a paired board with TPNK, but maybe something else happened between screen captures that made you call it down? Also unless you know he'll fire all 3 streets like this I'd put a raise in somewhere if you must get to showdown or close to it.

13:24 J3o low pair on a coordinated flop 3 way, I usually just give up on the flop. Bad reverse implied odds methinks. Again it turned out well so maybe I'm wrong.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4:55: Is A4o too weak to steal with from CO? I know I'd do it, but maybe that's one of the reasons I've had poor results lately...

[/ QUOTE ]
I play somewhat LAG at 26/20, and I still find A4o too weak from the CO. Button I would do it

[ QUOTE ]
6:40: I don't like the river bet and would probably check-fold (remember I've been running bad).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, this has been brought up by everyone pretty well. I agree the bet is pretty bad.

[ QUOTE ]
7:45: Why not raise the flop? You've noted that your enemy fold the flop when beat, wouldn't you like to take it down right here and now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally I would just fold a flop like this when this guy bets into me given what I know about him. I have no idea why I called down, and I think it was a mistake. I'm trying not to let the results bias me.

[ QUOTE ]
8:10: I'd fold 87o from SB. I'm playing 3/6 where SB is 1/3 of BB so I'm usually pretty tight from SB. I'm guessing it's fine to call at 5/10, esp. with the two weak limpers and their poor post-flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, that was pretty marginal

[ QUOTE ]
11:50: Would it be out of line to try for a CR here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I rarely C/R while in EP and I hit the flop. I've just had it drilled into me to play everything fast. It's something I think I should start to mix into my game a little though.

[ QUOTE ]
14:15: Isolation raise against poor player? Otherwise it seems a tad loose/aggressive to raise against one limper with Q8s.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a tad loose/aggressive
Old 12-05-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4:55: Is A4o too weak to steal with from CO? I know I'd do it, but maybe that's one of the reasons I've had poor results lately...

[/ QUOTE ]

I only do it with weak tighties to act, or maybe just predictable opponents I have a handle on. I think A7o is the default opener here and I wouldn't stray too far below that unless you really think you can take advantage of the opponents.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the white number on the right of people's stats their wtsd%?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep

I definetly agree that the A7o hand, it was a poor calldown.

The J3o hand is much closer IMO but still marginal. With a 2-straight and 2-flush board, and a guy that probably chases aces there might be some value here.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only do it with weak tighties to act, or maybe just predictable opponents I have a handle on. I think A7o is the default opener here and I wouldn't stray too far below that unless you really think you can take advantage of the opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, Abdul says A7o but I've been straying from the true path lately. I'll get back on track now, promise.

Btw, I really enjoy watching these videos, thanks for posting it here.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:50 PM

No download links are working :|