Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 PM

Default A couple AJ hands

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

This one's a X-post from SS, didn't get a ton of feedback. No reads. PF I like to mix it up and don't always raise, and I don't think it matters much. All streets up for debate I think.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB is pretty loose w/ average postflop aggression. Only thing I really remember is that he tried to steal a pot with a river bet while playing a straight on the board. BB is a tag. No read on UTG+2.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 11-22-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: A couple AJ hands

Hand 1 I just see the flop for free. OOP with no idea what the others hold is just not fun for me with AJos.

On the end, after that raise, I will Check/fold. I am guessing you are going to see a house or straight more often than not.

Hand 2 I like every street. Hopefully all he has is a Ten. I would hope 2-pair on the flop would 3-bet you, or bet the turn.

It looked like he was scared and auto-bet the river when you checked-through with the draw on the flop. I'd call a re-raise with TPTK.

nh.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I just see the flop for free. OOP with no idea what the others hold is just not fun for me with AJos.

On the end, after that raise, I will Check/fold. I am guessing you are going to see a house or straight more often than not.

Hand 2 I like every street. Hopefully all he has is a Ten. I would hope 2-pair on the flop would 3-bet you, or bet the turn.

It looked like he was scared and auto-bet the river when you checked-through with the draw on the flop. I'd call a re-raise with TPTK.

nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the feedback -
There's no way I'm check/folding the river in hand #1. If he had a 6 he'd bet the flop almost always on the button, and if he had a 5 he'd likely 3-bet the turn.
In Hand #2 I don't think I can call a 3-bet, which is why I hesitated with the raise, but I figured I was getting enough overlay from UTG+2.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 AM

Hand 1: I dont raise this pf because its offsuit. Suited would be cool. Too many ppl for the offsuit and OOP. I like the turn raise and I check/call the river. Even though a think an argument could be made for a bet/fold.

Hand 2: I like it. I dont usually do these kinds of raises on the river, but its weak-tight of me. Im sure your good here often enough.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 AM

Hand 1 bears a very sexy resemblance to a classic Clarkmeister post. I c/c. nh.

Hand 2 is pretty standard.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 bears a very sexy resemblance to a classic Clarkmeister post. I c/c. nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking exactly that at the time. In retrospect though, I don't know if this hand is as good. I can't really think of any potential overcalling hands that would bother me that wouldn't call 2 cold. Maybe it's still worth it given the big pot I created PF, I'm not sure - I don't make that turn play without the PFR.