Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-17-2005, 04:16 PM

Default A9o

Absolute 3/6 villian is unknown
I raise A9o in the CO and the SB calls. Flop comes 9TQ he checks, I bet he calls. Turn is a J. He checks, I check (?ok?). River is a 6, completing the runner runner diamond draw and he leads. How many of you call this vs is this an easy fold?? Do you bet the turn and fold to a raise?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: A9o

The answer to this question is easy: how often does your opponent peel this flop with absolutely nothing?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:38 PM

Even if he calls the flop with a J he's still beating you. I don't see how anything but a fold is in order. There's essentially nothing you're beating for this small pot. Turn check setting up a check/fold is ok in my book.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he calls the flop with a J he's still beating you. I don't see how anything but a fold is in order. There's essentially nothing you're beating for this small pot. Turn check setting up a check/fold is ok in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

turn check behind + river fold > bet turn, fold to raise, check river behind (and fold to river bet)

just want to make sure. i am pretty sure i agree, too.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:40 PM

i could lay it down or i could call...i would not always do the same thing as i would not want to become predictable...

anyway, more often i would lay it down, as the pot is small and easy to walk away from, unless i have a read on the villian

the hand follows a classic pattern...you raise from late to steal the blinds; the small blind calls to defend--probably because he is on a draw; small blind checks to the pre-flop raiser, who missed the flop but bets to win then or at least buy a free card on the turn...small blind called, indicating on a draw...both check on the turn-raiser got his free card, blind still on a draw...flush scare card on the river, so small blind raises...

its solid poker play...

you call to confirm the pattern, or fold because you don't think you need to confirm...