Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Formatting Hand Posts

I realize there is no reliable and easy to use hand converter for Omaha8 (limit or PL) at the moment. However, I think if we all took the time to do one of two things before posting a hand it might make it easier for people to read and therefore respond to:

(a) Probably the easiest would be to put the hand in a narrative format. If it's PL make sure to include stack sizes. Here is a recent example from one of the NL forums if you need a visual of what this might look like.

(b) Pokerhand.org. You may be familar with Pokerhand.org. Here, after you submit a hand, you will see up in the right hand corner a button that says "View in Forum layout." If you take a raw Omaha8 HH, input it into the converter and then click that button it will look something like this:

Party Poker (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot:

Then all you have to do is enter limit, stack sizes and the correct action on each street. But atleast it gives you something to work with when formatting your post that is easy for people to process visually.

Or, just keeping dumping raw HH in your posts. It's your forum afterall. Though even just added the icons for each suit and cleaning up some of the garbage in the hand history can go a long way. It's just been my experience that well-formatted hand posts get more responses.

Best wishes.
Closed Thread