Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Tip jars. Your thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
i think all tipping threads should be immediately locked and/or deleted.

almost everyone on this site makes at least $40 an hour on a [censored] hobby. just tip em. or don't tip em. but for the love of god stop complaining about it. you sound really cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good answer... why should it annoy you that people on the bottom rung are taking the opportunity to pick up an extra buck? Getting irritated over [censored] like this will shorten your life.

NT
Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find these things repulsive. To me its like people on the street begging. I think it is in bad taste to have one of these sitting out.

Why should I tip the starbucks guy money for making my mocha. He gets an hourly rate at least minimum wage. The way I understand tips is this In resturants tips are to help the waitstaff who make less than minimum wage.

I do tip when I catch a cab get my hair cut or get a pizza delivered.

Tip cups drive me nuts in places like gas staions or fastfood joints.

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh STFU.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find these things repulsive. To me its like people on the street begging. I think it is in bad taste to have one of these sitting out.

Why should I tip the starbucks guy money for making my mocha. He gets an hourly rate at least minimum wage. The way I understand tips is this In resturants tips are to help the waitstaff who make less than minimum wage.

I do tip when I catch a cab get my hair cut or get a pizza delivered.

Tip cups drive me nuts in places like gas staions or fastfood joints.

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do u do for a living? Maybe on my job I should ask for tips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 02:49 AM

C'mon guys, this isn't that tough.

If you work in fast food, you usually hate your job. 99% of Big Mac's taste the same, there's nothing personal about them.

nicer restaurants are different because you are tipping the waitresss according to the quality of serive you are given. (and most servers are paid less then min. wage unless you count tips)

Places liken starbucks are different. One of my best friends works at one that's within a supermarket. Honestly, she's one of the biggest bitches in the world, but at work, she treats everyone like an angel. It's crazy. She has so many regular customers that she usually already knows what they want to drink, and she remembers all the specifics if they like the drink a certain way.

She certainly doesn't HAVE to treat customers this way. There's another girl who works at the same starbucks who doesn't make as much in tips, but is better looking so I know it's not about looks. Many people that tip her are older women who she actaully talks to about stuff, and remembers things such as their kids names.

My point is... if it's a place you frequently visit, and you feel that you are getting better service than the average Joe who just walked in for the first time, then you better tip like you know it. Otherwise, you're a dik who's taking great service for granted.