Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Do you play better with better players at your table?

I'm in the Stars $3+R, and to my left is a player who usually plays 10/20 NL. (Isn't google great?)

Knowing he's there has caused me to tighten up considerably, and I've been able to steal a pot or two from him because I know he can lay down a hand. Just gotta be careful playing with fire... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Do you play better with better players at your table?

Sometimes I think I do.

Other times, I think I end up cutting back on my aggression too much, and costing myself some pots that I would have won (while also sometimes saving myself from busting out).

Also, raising someones bb when I know they are a good player, and they come over the top of my raise all in, I know what they are doing, but still can't call it because of certain conditions, and the knowledge that they know I know about that play, and might be doing this with a better hand than I'd give them credit for.

I sometimes tend to overthink against players like that, when playing straight poker is sometimes more effective. But in alot of situations, it helps my game, just certain situations that are harder than normal. Especially when that player is sitting to my left and acts after me 8/9 rounds, and has my stack covered.